The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 3, 2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Joey V.

Side locks and Half cock???

Hey All,

I have a Side lock sharps that has lost the half cock position. On half Cock I can pull the trigger and the hammer will fall. I have a very crap diagram of the lock system and can buy new parts from VTI gun parts but I have no Idea what I need to replace. Can anyone tell me the name of the of the little "think-A-majig" on a lock that flips down when the lock is in the full cock position to allow the sear to clear the half cock? My sharps is a newer IAB Padretti sharps .54 papercutter. By the way after I replaced the blob front sight and did a lil grinding on the rear sight this thing shoot pretty good incase you are considering one. It only shoots ring tail bullets well in the 400+ grain range with paper cartridges and 65 to 80 grains of 2F. Gives me 1 1/2 inch groups at 50 and 3 to 4 inch groups at 100yds off the bag.
Old January 3, 2011, 11:43 AM   #2
kwhi43

That little thing is called a "Fly"