The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 24, 2010, 08:10 PM   #1
olmontanaboy

Pretty good Ruger, Richards-Mason deal

I stopped by a gun dealer today and looked in the gun case and spot a new or like new Stainless Ruger Old Army looking back at me. $425.00 also in the same case a Cimeron Richards Mason conversion in 38 special (I think), looked new $375.00 if I remember correctly. I did not have much time as I was on my lunch break. and the shop was packed with customers. I am going to try and get back tomorrow. The fly in the ointment is the shop is in New Jersey where buying a handgun is a major pain in the ass.
Old September 25, 2010, 12:48 AM   #2
CajunPowder

Ask the owner of the shop to sell you the cylinder first, and then ask him to put the frame on layaway. Go back and buy it a week later.

He'll be selling you "parts" and accessories.

It's a muzzleloader, so this might work.
Old September 25, 2010, 07:32 AM   #3
olmontanaboy

It's a muzzleloader, so this might work.

In New Jersey all black powder guns are considered firearms, even the Brown Bess flintlock musket, cap and ball firearms converted or not are the same as a Glock 9mm in the laws eyes. If you are a NJ resident and want to buy any firearm you must first apply for a "Firearms Purchaser ID card" (can take up to a year to get) and after being fingerprinted and made to feel like a criminal for just wanting to own a firearm, with that you can legally purchase rifles and shotguns, including bb guns, yep in communist NJ The Red Rider bb rifle you grew up with is considered a firearm. If you want to buy any handgun including a flintlock Tower pistol, only after you have already been issued a firearms purchser id card, you need to re-apply to the police for a handgun permit for each handgun you want to buy and be fingerprinted again each and every time and wait however long the police want, usually 2 to 6 months. I live in Pennsylvina now thank god, but have lived in Occupied NJ in the recent past. I don't know how these lying left wing scumbag politicans keep getting re-elected but they do. I have lived in many parts of the country and as far as personal freedon go New Jersey was the alsolute worst. Rant over
Old September 25, 2010, 09:25 AM   #4
CajunPowder

It is of course interesting to all of U.S..

We understand that New Jersey is the "Home of the Mafia" ... so of course they must restrict gun sales and take a list of names, etc ...

Cuz da mafia don wan no persons to havin' guns 'cept if dey woiken foi da right peoples !
Old September 25, 2010, 05:51 PM   #5
Frontier

And here I was thinking only the UK had dumb-ass gun laws.

Frontier
Old September 26, 2010, 01:09 PM   #6
andrewstorm

BOYCOTT N.J.

BOYCOTT N.J.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 26, 2010, 02:43 PM   #7
4V50 Gary
Staff

Our forefathers would shake their heads in disgust that we have allowed our government such liberties with our rights.

If you're not in NJ, it may be better to have him ship it to your out-of-state dealer.
Old September 26, 2010, 06:34 PM   #8
lukewepy

Where in Jersey was the gun shop? I live in South Jersey and have been trying to get my hands on a Richards Mason. Do you happen to remember the name of the shop?
Old September 26, 2010, 07:54 PM   #9
olmontanaboy

Where in Jersey was the gun shop? I live in South Jersey and have been trying to get my hands on a Richards Mason. Do you happen to remember the name of the shop?
Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro.
Old September 28, 2010, 12:35 PM   #10
lukewepy

Thanks for the info. I was just in there about amonth ago and they didnt really have much in the way of cowboy type guns. Will have to head on over there and check it out.