The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 28, 2010, 01:32 AM   #1
Ideal Tool

Straight-line Seaters?

Hello, guys, I was wondering if any of you use the Wilson Chamber type seating tool? I have one for the .22 Hornet & .222 Rem. I can use palm of hand to seat cast-bullets.
Old October 28, 2010, 08:18 AM   #2
F. Guffey

I have presses made by/for HERTERS that seat bullets with the fall of the handle, meaning seating a bullet is almost effortless, I have universal 7mm bullet seater by Lyman?ideal that is long enough to seat a 50 BMG 7mm (if there was such a thing) and the old Lee reloading kits, seating bullets without a press was "IN THE BEGINNING', If the kit is complete there is a tool that the case head sits on that prevents the primer from making contact, if the primer is not seated, but when loading one at a time and the hand was setting on top of the tool as though it was setting on a rocket launcher, the reloader made fewer mistakes.

I made a seating tool with neck support for 25 cal, I can use an aluminum can crusher, I could make a tool that fit the bullet but I had no commercial intent, it works.

F. Guffey
Old October 28, 2010, 08:59 AM   #3
jaguarxk120

I do not use the Wilson tool , but have the Vickerman style of seating die. And a Bonanza benchrest seating die. Both work very well, the Wilson is the best there is and well worth the price for it.