The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 30, 2006, 02:14 PM   #26
Old Dragoon

Mec! Yah Scared the Bejeebers out of me.....

...by telling me that all they carried were Uberti and Pietta's....Heart's back to norma now...lLOL! .
The Euroarms Remmys and Colts and the Rogers and Spencer's are still in the catalog along with a boatload of parts for a lot of ACW and later longarms and pistols I have now saved their website in my favorites and downloaded part of their catalog and will do the rest as I get time. A great source for neat stuff
and as Steve499 surmised, Phil is a co-owner it shows the names of the folks on a parts page, the first parts page I believe they's a passal of them listed It is a family owned business.
Old March 30, 2006, 02:33 PM   #27
mec

I suspect I didn't look far enough
Old March 30, 2006, 03:37 PM   #28
Oldelm

Yes,...I might echo what Old Dragoon and Steve499 have said about Phil at S&S. He goes out of his way to communicate with e-mails every step of the way when purchasing someting from them,...in my case I bought a 1858 Euroarms Remington NMA, and Phil checked the cyl./bore alignment with flashlight as I asked him to do. I would not hesitate to buy from S&S again,...they're great!

When I contacted Euroarms by e-mail to find out who sold their replica '58 Remingtons, this was their reply...

Quote:
S & S just ordered some this afternoon.
Other distributors are Regimental Quartermaster in Gettysburg, PA - www.regtqm.com or C & D Jarnagin in Corinth, MS - www.jarnaginco.com, or Fall Creek Sutlery in Lebanon, IN - www.fcsutler.com

Hope this helps,
Euroarms of America, Inc.
Since buying the .44cal Euro Rem from S&S, I've picked up a Euroarms '58 Navy .36 cal off GunBroker. Both the .44 NMA and the Navy shoot about 12" high. They both need higher front sight posts, cause they do seem kinda short, although I like their fat thickness for better visibility. I think I'm going to order the Uberti dovetailed site from VTI to replace them with, but will have to widen the dovetailed housing on the Euroarms barrel to accomodate the wider base of the Uberti post,...or maybe file & shape the Uberti post to conform to the smaller Euroarms slot.

Here's a pic showing the Uberti post (5.5" barrel) on left - Euroarms post on right.....both .44 cal

Old March 30, 2006, 04:55 PM   #29
Smokin_Gun

Ok Oldelm, now I'm jealous...HeHe! Glad to hear you got a new Euroarms Rem .44 and the Navy also. Ya done good friend.
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php
Old March 30, 2006, 05:28 PM   #30
Oldelm

Hey there, Smokin! Nice to see you here , and on the Voy.

I missed your lively input while you were checkin out that new job,.....yea,...I'm gonna be out lookin for cans & bottles along the highway ifin I don't stop spending bucks on these Remingtons....hehe

Hope you're doin ok, bud.