The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 22, 2005, 07:13 PM   #26
mikemm

jamie young and george hill,

i've been dying to ask you guys a question or two. and since this thing is still "alive," why the hell not, i say.

don't you guys think you should have disclosed your ties to fernando coelho and his company when you weighed in on this thread with your opinions?

a quote from george hill:

"Fernando is a good guy. I've never had any issue ordering anything from him.

I think there is more to this story than is being posted."

mr. hill, as you now know, there was nothing more to this story than what was posted. i told the absolute truth with no ommissions or exaggerations.

now that you're read the other side, mr. hill, perhaps you might retract your implication that i was being dishonest in some way. a gentleman would offer an apology.

speaking of dishonesty, if there was something that needed disclosure, it was the fact that you and jamie young are at the very least moderators on mr. coelho's forum and perhaps have more substantial ties to him and his business.

i asked you specifically mr. young and recieved no reply. one more time, sir.

i see you have a hot link to something called "http://www.backyardoutfitter.com/ in your post.

is there any relationship bewtween this "backyard" entity and "your american backyard," the business we this thread was about?

and you said you "heard" i posted this matter on another firearms forum? how did you come to "hear" it?

might you kniow some of the folks involved? you didn't say you read it somewhere, you said you "heard" it.

this was no earth shaking matter. just a little consumer problem. it's not exactly a major news story. how did you come to "hear" about it? i'm very curious.

a couple of direct, point blank questions for you, mr. young.

do you have ties to mr. coelho and his business? is "backyardoutfitter.com" in anyway affiliated to "your american backyard?"

you guys were might quick to take sides on this issue, but now that it's clear i wrote nothing but the truth concerning this matter you are mute.

how about it, boys? explain your ties to mr. coelho. start with being moderators on his forum and then, explain any other business connections.

jamie, is there a "backyard" connection or not? it's either a yes or no answer.

i want to hear why you guys who blindly supported mr. coelho and his business didn't think it relevant to admit to your ties to him.

that, in my opinion, was dishonest. lies, as we all know, can be told by omission too!

i was the honest one here. you guys lied by omission.

mike
Old December 23, 2005, 11:14 PM   #27
BBush

"Your American Backyard" - Scammers..

I'm with you mikemm, I have no tolerence for poor customer service, especially when you don't have to put up with it. I doubt that they are really that busy, regardless of what they say. Hey, they "ain't the only game in town". I think after one or two e-mails / phone calls, Fernando should have gotten his act together and found out what was going on. Hell, if I was Fernando, I would have sent you your order for free just to get you to "shut up". I went over to their website and didn't see anything that was that special or that cheap. There is simply too many other reliable and cheaper places to spend your money. As the old saying goes, a satisfied customer tells one or two friends while a dissatisfied customer tells ten. I doubt that they will get much business from anyone on any of these boards.
Old December 29, 2005, 05:50 PM   #28
geneinnc

in MY backyard

I live in NC. I was just wondering if this business is mail order only or retail.
anyone know which town they do business in?
Old December 29, 2005, 09:54 PM   #29
birddog1

Its amazing

the way everyone jumped all over you Mike. I would have been just as upset as you are. Personally, I appreciate it when someone posts on different forums regarding a poor business dealing. It prevents me from having to go through the same thing. As a matter of fact, there is another thread regarding someone who seems to be ripping people off on ebay by selling bogus goods. There isn't one post there about cross posting to this board. Obviously, the ball was dropped by YAB, but what really gets me is they cancelled Mike's order because he had the nerve to complain about not getting what he ordered, how dare you mike