The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 9, 2006, 07:18 AM   #1
Glockamolie

Disturbing video...

I think this is an appropriate forum, so people can decide how they might handle such situations as these:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=797543339&n=2

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=793503440&n=2

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=794527237&n=2

Apparently this happens every weekend. Did you see the police rush in and stop it? Neither did I.
Old June 9, 2006, 07:35 AM   #2
308Enfield

The first, and most obvious, option for this is to not be caught in bad neighborhoods at night, but I'll grant that there are times when its unavoidable.

As for a response, the cell phone is your friend. Although, in LA, I don't know if the police would really hurry to answer a call like that if it wasn't in a ritzy area of town. The victims seemed to do pretty well taking advantage of their cars' size and power to work out and away from the attackers, although traffic complicates that kind thing. Against a crowd, a car can scatter people much more quickly than a gun. Unfortunately, short of some kind of turret mounted automatic weapon on the vehicle, I don't see how a CCW would help here; too many people, too much motion, and far too great a chance of a shot entering a store or another vehicle and wounding other people who are either sitting inside or trying to drive away from the situation.

The people I feel worst for are the cab drivers. I regret that anybody is subjected to that kind of attack, but the cab drivers don't have any option to avoid the neighborhood. Its a sad time when a person can't go to work to earn a living without being assaulted by gangs of thugs roaming the street.
Old June 9, 2006, 07:49 AM   #3
BigO01

Bunch of animals doing what they do best , destroying things .

How sick and sad .

If I lived in that rat hole I would carry shooting muffs and several loadded guns in the car and would consider my life being threatened in such a situation and start blowing some of the scum away plain and simple .
Old June 9, 2006, 07:59 AM   #4
Rangefinder

I see a whole bunch of punks that need a serious reality check.... Like--- A150 lb. gang banger vs. a 2500 lb. car, 'thump-thump, screach'.....Repeat often.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
Old June 9, 2006, 08:22 AM   #5
Trip20

One thing I'd avoid is opening my car door like the one cab driver. Not smart.
Old June 9, 2006, 08:31 AM   #6
Glockamolie

I agree that a gun may not be the best tactic, but I would think you'd better come up with something if you find yourself in a similar situation.
Old June 9, 2006, 08:50 AM   #7
Trip20

A huge cannister of OC fogger???

Or, a trunk monkey.
Old June 9, 2006, 09:34 AM   #8
Glockamolie

I wonder if a windshield washer system could be converted to spray OC. You could aim them forward.
Old June 9, 2006, 10:20 AM   #9
Wings

"Or, a trunk monkey."

Hahaha! Too funny!
Old June 9, 2006, 10:21 AM   #10
Harley Quinn

If it happens that much it is areal break down

If that is what the inner cities are all about, "Feral teenagers and young adults".
We need to go the route of Brazil and hire bounty hunters to exterminate them.
Pretty simple, when they are taking over cities like that and harming innocent people.

And we call it civilization LOL

Where is carebear? Lets hear it for allowing this also.

HQ
Old June 9, 2006, 02:46 PM   #11
flip180

It looks like some of those cars were boxed in.

I have 300 RWHP on hand in my mustang for times like those. That much power to the rear wheels make for a nasty meat grinder shound I decide to do doughnuts until I can find a way to drive out.

Flip.
Old June 9, 2006, 03:14 PM   #12
MDW Guns

In South Africa they have a great device for situations like this, since this seemed to be a problem there too: It's a gas pipe going all around the button of the vehicle activated by a foot pedal.
So when stepped on this pedal, a ring of fire goes all around the vehicle!
Now the question is, what would be the legal site of this?
Check www.mdwguns.com for great deals!
Old June 9, 2006, 03:15 PM   #13
GlocksRfun

1).. I saw something from over in the England area I think, Flame throwers under the doors.. pretty cool

2) Class 3 with High Cap mags..

3) Stay out of the ghetto.

4) National Gaurd.
Old June 9, 2006, 03:23 PM   #14
Harley Quinn

GlocksRfun

Numbers 3 and 4 would be my first choice.

Along with my post about "feral" teenagers and Brazil.

Major breakdown in a civilized society.

HQ
Old June 9, 2006, 03:34 PM   #15
Blackwater OPS

I think any person in that situation would be in resonable fear of his/her life. Also that WAS a riot, by definition.

That said, such an attack on my vehicle would be a tragic mistake. My CCW gun is a Beretta 96 with 12 rounds mags (I have fired it so much it's an extension of my arm) and I carry several spare mags, but I would only need enough to get to my trunk gun. At that point if they were not running, well, think black hawk down. It would be a slaughter.
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Someone set us up the bunny!
(")_(")
Old June 9, 2006, 03:35 PM   #16
stephen426

I seriously wonder what the legal ramifications are in a situation like that. If I were to pull my gun and shoot some of those pieces of crap, could I justify it as self defense? Would this constitute defending property with lethal force? I bet the parents of those kids would sue the pants off if anyone got killed.

I really like my car and I would really be tempted to do something crazy if that happened to me. I have pepper spray in the car but I doubt it would be effective on a crowd of wild animals such as those. If someone jumped on my hood and started kicking in my winshield, I would definately open fire. If they kept attacking, I would seriously consider running their asses over. My front spoiler is pretty low so I doubt I would actually run them over, but I'm pretty sure I'd smash them up really well. As for being boxed in, its even better to have a car in front and behind so you can smash any legs that are between your car and theirs.
Old June 9, 2006, 03:52 PM   #17
Harley Quinn

Honestly

I believe they would have to do more than kick the car swear etc. Jumping on the hood. Before I would hurt someone.

If they broke my windows and tried to get into my car then I would shoot them. But remember some of them have guns and it would esculate. To try and avoid and escape without your injury would be the best way.

Doing what the Cabbie did by just getting out of there is the best bet.

Car can be fixed, death is a terrible thing to experience. Last resort I believe.

HQ
Old June 9, 2006, 03:52 PM   #18
357 sig 229 sauer

Notice this happens in CA,an anti gun state.I bet this type of thing happens alot less in places like TX and FL
Old June 9, 2006, 04:03 PM   #19
Blackwater OPS

They did pull people out of the car, hit people, attempt robbery ect. Lethal force was justified, no doubt in my mind. Also, It was a riot, and CA penal code allows for lethal force for any of these reasons. I would have been even more likely to use force if I was a bystander and I saw this occuring, as chances are I would not have got myself into such a dumb sitation in the first place.

Some of those idiots in Mogadishu had guns too.
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

For those who have had to fight for it, Life holds a special meaning that the protected will never know.

(\__/)
(")_(")
Old June 9, 2006, 04:17 PM   #20
Steamboatsig

I saw that episode on the South Africa carjacking epidemic. One of the inventions were these gigantic hedge clippers that would come from underneath the car. That was gruesome.

In the case in Oakland, it is a good possibility that many of these idiots have guns too and you would end up shot or killed. How could you possibly target all of them?

(Edited for inappropriate language by Capt Charlie)
Old June 9, 2006, 04:52 PM   #21
Blackwater OPS

Quote:
it is a good possibility that many of these idiots have guns too and you would end up shot or killed. How could you possibly target all of them?
I can't really explain years of tactical and firearms training in one sentence. Oh wait, I just did.
-Ben Franklin

Spc. Jeremy M. Campbell
Died 9/1/2005
and the best DS ever
MSG Matthew Ritz
Died 11.23.2005
matthewritz.com

(\__/)
(")_(")
Old June 9, 2006, 04:59 PM   #22
hot sauce

First off it's best to avoid the ghetto/Oakland at night unless you are carrying something Belt Fed! Most of those punks would start crying for their momma if you pulled a pistol and "cleaned" up the street a little. Man, I hate ghetto's.
Old June 9, 2006, 05:06 PM   #23
FLA2760

When the masses are disarmed as on the left coast you will have such things,
now consider the next possible scenario. They get bored of doing this to cars at intersections and decide to roam through YOUR subdivision and do the same to your home and worse to you and yours. What can be done in places like California...not much but call 911. In Florida the 911 call would go something like this "I hear multiple gunshots from at least 10 homes on my block and there appears to be large numbers of people down on at least 10 of those front porches" welcome to Florida Sun fun and freedom

Last edited by FLA2760; June 10, 2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old June 9, 2006, 05:13 PM   #24
pumpkinheaver

A bunch of worthless pieces of shat. What do you do when wild hogs get over populated? You thin them out. Somebody should thin these idiots out. I suspect the cops will do nothing about it.
Old June 9, 2006, 06:09 PM   #25
OneInTheChamber

I'd use my car as a weapon. Never have to reload, easy to aim, and packs quite a punch.

I would not be getting out the car to get to a trunk gun.