The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 5, 2004, 05:57 PM   #1
stickslinger

Thunder Ranch UR1

I'm headed to Thunder Ranch Oregon in Feb for the Urban Rifle course and would like some advice on what spare parts and accessories I should bring with me. I'll be shooting a Rock River Arms A3 carbine. I don't want to squeeze the money out for another rifle (I know, one is none, two is one) but have been thinking about maybe picking up another upper with a 20" barrell and some spare parts for my lower.

Suggestions?
Thanks.
Old September 6, 2004, 08:10 AM   #2
KSFreeman

IMHO, buy another weapon, don't monkeyfinger around with the upper. Once you get a carbine dialed in, you will not want to monkey with it, at least I don't.

I bring: a gun that works, another gun that works, a sling you can use, a holster you can access with your gear, practice accessing your gear from different positions, drink water, stretch out, a hat, sunscreen, burn cream, rain gear.

Tell us all about Oreygun. Looking forward to seeing the new digs.