The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 5, 2013, 01:09 AM   #1
AndyWest

Burris AR-536 questions

The manual is pretty sparse so I thought TFLers might be able to help before I bother to zero it or (ugh) return it.

I'm confused about the 5 settings per red/green. Settings 2-4 are predictably increasingly brighter. Setting 1 seems to do nothing. Setting 5 seems to vary randomly in brightness each time it's selected or is completely dark. Am I misunderstanding the settings or is there something wrong with mine?

Also, settings 2-4 seem to create "ghosty" light around the reticle and inside the scope in medium light conditions. Is this normal for a lighted reticle sight? Am I being too picky? Setting 5, once I'm lucky enough to get the correct intensity, is quite pleasant and sharp with no ghosting.
Old January 6, 2013, 07:36 AM   #2
AndyWest

Disregard my comments about ghosting, it disappears in daylight. I emailed Burris about the "randomish" settings this morning, and I'll update once I hear back. Hopefully fixable as I love this optic otherwise.
Old January 23, 2013, 03:42 PM   #3
AndyWest

Just documenting as I said I would. Settings 1 and 5 don't work. Burris CS recommended the following:

Quote:
Clean the battery compartment with a Q-Tip and just a little alchohol. Make three or four rotations with the illumination selector. If that doesn’t clear up the problem send it to us and we’ll replace it.
Cleaning as described didn't fix the problem, nor did replacing the battery. Battery compartment showed no obvious problem. Burris was helpful and polite and sent me a repair form, but hoping MidwayUSA would replace it faster, I contacted them but have yet to hear back. If I don't soon I'll send it to Burris.
Old January 23, 2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Erno86

Send it back to Burris, they'll give you a brand new one. I'd try to make them reimburse the shipping for ya.