The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 4, 2013, 10:34 PM   #26
Alabama Shooter

That was awful fast for dumb luck.
Old May 5, 2013, 11:54 AM   #27
craZivn

The way he brought his hand around to sweep the shotgun in the direction he did suggests training to me.

Either way, that crook is a loser, even for a thug. Or possibly the shotgun was empty and he panicked when he realized he was about to have his posterior kicked.

Ivan
Old May 5, 2013, 08:21 PM   #28
Edgehill

Shotgun to the Face of Unarmed Man - Proper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcreek View Post
The robber made a common mistake he used the gun like they do in the movies. Held high in your face, looks cool on TV but it is a huge tactical error.

If he would of had the gun at his waist and 10-15ft away he would be extremely hard to disarm without getting shot.
I agree with you on the 10-15 feet, but even if he had the gun low, someone trained could easily take the gun away if the BG was in close. I was in a hand to hand class last weekend where we practiced doing just what this guy did, including disarms where the BG is behind you.