The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 29, 2009, 08:12 PM   #1
Delaware_Dan

Lasermax Uni-max Rail laser, any one got one?

I just got the Midway mailer and the Lasermax Uni-max is a decent price right now and I'm considering it. It's the rail mounted one, not the guide rod. Does anyone have any experience with one? $160 bucks isn't a ton of money I just want to know if they are worth it. Thanks in advance.

-Dan
Old July 6, 2009, 10:43 AM   #2
ocharry

hi dan,,i have been thinking about getting one of those too

doesn't look like any one here wants to play,,so if you get one and get it on your gun could you post what you like and dislike about it????

what color are you planning,,,duh,,$160,,must be red

thanks

ocharry
Old July 29, 2009, 11:44 AM   #3
scootter720

manventureoutpost.com has them for $140.

I really want a laser for my 90-two, and even though my wife will let me get one for my b-day, I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on it.

I read a few reviews online and some people said they fired only a few rounds and the laser stopped working. One guy said he was using a .45, but the others didn't specify, so I don't know if the more powerful pistols increase the potential of damaging the laser. Mine is a 9mm, so I would think I have a better chance of not running into any problems.
Old July 30, 2009, 03:06 PM   #4
jg0001

Note: I was looking at these as well... but I wanted the GREEN one which MidwayUSA had a good price on... however, I later learned that the GREEN Uni-Max does not have a constant on mode... that would annoy me if I was using it to sight in optics...