The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 25, 2007, 11:40 AM   #1
FS2K

Neat to see SO many 870 owners here.

I myself have always favored the Remingtom 870. I got my first "Wingmaster" back when I was in high school and have owned 3 since along with a Mossburg 500 (20 GA). The Mossy was a good shotgun, but didn't have the accessories available that the 870 had/has.
Compared to a 870 the Winchester 1200 seems cheaply made. It even 'feels' cheap to me. Awhile back I had the oppertunily to get a Winchester 1200 on sale when a business was going out of business and almost got one too untill I handled one. Even if it was cheap, I decided against it. No offense 1200 owners, but it's just my preference.

My latest 870 is perhaps the most tame of all the Remingtons I've owned. She is a Express Magnum with a Knoxx stock, Wilson Combat 1 round ext. and an extra power magazine spring with a high viz follower. I also added a fiber optic front sight, but that's it. No side saddles, no 3 round extentions or anything like that. She is my HD weapon and I am confident in it. The way I see it, 5 rounds is enough to get the job done.