The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 16, 2011, 07:29 PM   #1
jackpine

veteran arms who's that?

http://veteranarms.com/ReproductionM...eran_Arms.html

new company to me. Anyone handled or shot one of these? Made in India kind of spooks me and then theres you get what you pay for too.
Old February 16, 2011, 08:14 PM   #2
bedbugbilly

It's a new one to me as well - but - that's not saying much. I don't believe I've seen them mentioned on this board - perhaps someone will come along that is familiar with them?
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old February 17, 2011, 02:00 AM   #3
arcticap

Middlesex Village Trading Company in New Hampshire is probably one of the most widely known importers of Indian made guns and Loyalist Arms is another.

Veterans Arms may sell some guns in common with either one of these other importers but all of their guns are not necessarily from the same Indian manufacturers.
I may have seen their name & website mentioned before but didn't take much note of them since most that I've seen posted has been about the other 2 outfits.
But to their credit they do have a nice website.

http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/

http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/mainpage.html

Last edited by arcticap; February 17, 2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old February 17, 2011, 03:27 AM   #4
Ben Towe

I was watching a program on the Mugals and they showed them building guns. They were so good they use no measuring tools. They build it by eye with files and hand powered drills, and it looks machined, each part looks like it came out of a mold. Quite amazing. I'm sure the ones being imported are not made that way but they are capable of quality work.