The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old March 21, 2013, 01:51 PM   #76
Microgunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmj
Well it will come as no surprise that I am in 100% agreement with Willie Sutton. Very early in this thread I said that slide fire stocks are for gun-clowns, and I took a fair bit of push back over that comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmj
Yeah, meanwhile Sen Ted Cruz is trying to explain to the Senate and the World that a semi-automatic firearm is fundementally different than a military weapon because each pull of the trigger results in just one cartridge being fired....

..... Oh but wait !!! Cooter and Uncle Jesse have a youtube video of an AR-15 going full-auto-equivalent with their stupid slide fire stock... then Fatboy Marvin bump-fires his glock and throws that up on youtube also... all accompanied by adolescent guffaws and snorting giggles... yuk-yuk...

Thanks a lot clowns...
Jerk.
Old March 21, 2013, 06:01 PM   #77
HKFan9

Quote:
..... Oh but wait !!! Cooter and Uncle Jesse have a youtube video of an AR-15 going full-auto-equivalent with their stupid slide fire stock... then Fatboy Marvin bump-fires his glock and throws that up on youtube also... all accompanied by adolescent guffaws and snorting giggles... yuk-yuk...

Thanks a lot clowns...
They could also prove the same point by taking 5 mins and ripping the disconnect out of the firearm so I don't see your logic in this statement.

You are encouraging our government to knowingly mis-lead and misinform the masses due to their lack of experience with some firearms / items. What should be ban next to appease your super serious life you lead? Maybe national match triggers since experienced shooters can firearm almost at full auto speeds. Or should we ban person type targets because they promote violence, or just out right ban any combat style shooting sports such as IPSC/IDPA?