The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 20, 2011, 02:29 PM   #1
samefly

Shooting Gloves

Just got back from the sporting goods store and picked up a pair of baseball gloves to use at the range for shooting:

I chose these baseball gloves because:

1. They give protection to my hands
2. They still allow for dexterity and feeling
3. They are breathable
4. The price ($14)

Because I don't like prominent logos you can see in the photo that I started to black out the originally bold bright white logo (plus I like the stealthier look)

So if you're looking for some shooting gloves check out different athletic gloves (baseball, football, tennis, golf, etc). I also like the Mechanix gloves but these baseball gloves seemed to maintain dexterity better.

what gloves do you wear?

Last edited by samefly; December 20, 2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old December 20, 2011, 11:00 PM   #2
reaganmarine84

I don't have a picture,but,I went to Wallyworld and picked up a pair of weight lifting gloves for about $8.99/pr. I chose weight lifting gloves because they have nice padding on the palm,Velcro adjustable and have open fingertips. I like the open fingertips for better trigger control and easier to manipulate the magazine and slide releases. They seem to be very well made and if I don't like the I'm not out very much $$$$. They had a more expensive pair for about $12.99 but they had enclosed fingertips. You never know;If you ever go to Wal-Mart,go to the sporting goods section and check out the weightlifting gloves. A friend of mine uses gloves made for cycling. I looked at those,but they were more expensive (over $30)than I wanted to pay.
Taurus 24/7 Pro DS 9mm & .40;(2)Taurus OSS DS 9mm;Taurus OSS DS .40;Taurus 809;809 compact;840;PT709 "slim" SS;PT738;full size BUL Cherokee;SCCY CPX-2;Smith&Wesson BG .380;Arcus 98 DA;EAA witness P 9mm;I.O. inc. AK-47C;Zastava PAP;Mossberg 500 tactical;Marlin model 60.