The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old April 23, 2009, 10:20 AM   #1
chronic

heritage .22 revolver steel

Requesting opinions of this gun. I have been seeing that they make one of all steel, as opposed to alloy, since some states do not allow alloy. I would use mostly for shooting jackrabbits or other varmits that might come around.
Old April 23, 2009, 12:39 PM   #2
scottaschultz

If you are only willing (or wanting) to spend $150, then this gun should do just fine for what you want. If, on the other hand, you are willing to go up to $400, you can get a NIB Ruger Single Six. The quality is undeniable. Just be aware you are not exactly comparing apples to apples and adjust your expectations accordingly.

Scott
Old April 23, 2009, 02:11 PM   #3
rwking

I use mine strictly for snakes with snake shot an it does better than a shovel.....
Old April 23, 2009, 05:07 PM   #4
carguychris

Recent thread on this topic:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=351833

Basic summary: This is a good gun for someone who intends to use it as a tool. It's today's equivalent of the old H&R revolvers: functional, reasonably durable, and accurate enough for short-range work, but somewhat crude, ugly, and cheap.
Quote:
would use mostly for shooting jackrabbits or other varmits that might come around.
Sounds like a good gun for you, assuming you aren't expecting to make 50+ yard shots.