The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 18, 2011, 01:31 PM   #1
nice shot

HK Match grade trigger

I'd like to know if anyone has ever installed an HK Match grade trigger on a pistol, and if so how complicated was it, and did it improve your shooting in relation to the cost of the parts and the time of the install?

Also, if anyone has ever shot an HK pistol with a match trigger and also with a standard trigger (DA/SA) was there much improvement? Would you prefer the match trigger?

I'm asking on here for the knowledge, I've already done google searches and wasnt satisfied with what I saw. Im gonna check out youtube but thats not very reliable IMO.
Old October 18, 2011, 01:52 PM   #2
Dilbert

I've shot both but do not have extensive experience with the standard da/sa. The trigger in my USP Match is about a pound too light for my taste, it really makes you focus on your trigger squeeze. In single action it is very light, has a little take up, but once the take up is out it breaks clean. I would not use it for a carry gun. It works great at the range though.
Gun Control-gun con·trol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at.
Old October 18, 2011, 03:05 PM   #3
TATER

Same here, I have .45 USP TAC.
It is fantastic running steel plates at the range,
I also think its probably too light for a lot of folks as a carry gun.
Plus, In my case, The physical size is too friggen big.
Old October 19, 2011, 07:35 AM   #4
nice shot

range only

I should have put this in the original post. If I get a match trigger the said gun would be specifically for shooting steel and practical competitions. I have a completly seperate gun for carry.

Given that statement would you gentlemen recommend the trigger swap? Should I consider somethign like GGI, or just buy a match trigger and have a gun smith drop it in for me?

In the end I would like my gun to have as much of the benefits of the HK USP combat competition as I can without the Jet Well mag well. Thats the only thing I cant have to shoot in the class I want to shoot in. . . otherwise I'd go and buy the combat comp.
Old October 20, 2011, 09:26 AM   #5
Dilbert

I can't comment on the best way to install it, but for competition it would probably work pretty well for you. I'd ask around and see if you could shoot one first though.
Gun Control-gun con·trol n. definition 1. The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker received that fatal bullet wound. 2. The ability to hit what you are aiming at.