The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 8, 2010, 12:09 AM   #1
whitedogone

Powder Valley... UPS

I'm not real sure how to handle this.

I placed an oder with Powder Valley a couple of weeks ago for 200 30-30 bullets and 100 44 cal. XTP's. When the order came got here a week later I opened it to find they shipped the wrong 308 bullits. I called them and they were to send out the right bullets the next day along with a label for to ruturn the wrong ones at there cost. Well the replacement package was delivered last Thursday. It was left on my front porch and the wife brought it in when she got home that night. I was out of town till tonight so I hadn't seen it till now but I knew it had arrived. Well the label says it is 6#'s. But it's pretty clear that it contains nothing much heavier than air.

It looks like it was ripped open at some point and taped back up real nice like nothing ever happened. You can even see the black skid marks from shipping under the new tape. I haven't opened it yet because I don't know what to do. I just want my bullets!
Old March 10, 2010, 02:27 AM   #2
medalguy

Don't open the box, call PV and have them file a claim on the box. The carrier may ask to see the box or they may just pay the claim if they think it's cheaper. You may have to wait a week or two but that's just the process.

I've ordered from PV several times and never had a problem. As stated, the hubs can get pretty tough with boxes, especially if the contents can shift around even the slightest bit. USPS is the worst by far.
Old March 18, 2010, 08:35 PM   #3
Suwannee Tim

UPS is hard on parcels, especially heavy ones. I had this exact thing happen. I took the package back to UPS and refused it and the next day it was back on my doorstep. I called Midway and they made it good.