The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 30, 2011, 01:27 AM   #1
Frankiedub

Best deer buckshot reload for Ithaca mag 10

I have a Ithaca mag 10 with a 32" full choke barrel. I'm looking for buckshot reloads for deer, or a recipe.... Preferably from someone with experience with this if possible. I will not shoot a factory load as they are horrible. I had a friend who was reloading in the 1970's and 1980's who was loading in 0 00 and 000. I could roll deer at 80-100 yards. All I ever had to do was put the bead on the deer and watch it drop. All I know is he tuned the load for this gun and that he used chilled shot. He has since passed and I cannot find any recipe he may have had. I have tried nitro reloads and they just don't have it... The loads just aren't that at past 50. I am not interested in sending the gun out for choke tubes or cutting the barrel.... It's a fixed full and I want to leave it that way. Can someone please help? I have 2 other guys in my group and we are biting at the bit for a "hot load". I hope someone can help.... Thanks!
Old January 30, 2011, 01:47 AM   #2
M.O.A.

check other post