The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old July 9, 2000, 03:28 PM   #1
able2ski

What an event!

15 stages, some obviously challenging, others that appeared so simple......but Murphy's Law dictated otherwise.

Sadly, I did not meet the goal I had set for myself, but all of the top 5 shooters in my class (ESP-MM)were in contention; a mere 8 seconds separated the top 5. I'll be kicking my self for weeks on the mag change bobbles, clipping 2 no-shoots & 2 proceedurals that kept me from my goal.

I did however get to meet several other forum members & many of the sport's big names. I consider my self privledged to have shot alongside the very best; hopefully more of that will rub off onto me.

I look forward to seeing many of the same faces at the upcoming Blackwater Challenge.

Andrew
Old July 9, 2000, 09:22 PM   #2
Bubba

Absolutly right Andrew. Frank puts on a HECK of a match. I am REALLY glad he is running Nationals this year. Kelly already has the scores posted... and his scores page has a link to my pictures of the event.

See http://www.gloryroad.net/~idpa/cc2000/ for all the details.

Bubba
Old July 10, 2000, 05:02 AM   #3
able2ski

I guess I also owe thanks for the fact that Frank's range is local for me, along with a few other places that host IDPA & IPSC events. I regularly get to enjoy well planned events with a great group of top notch shooters.

Damn I'm spoiled!

Andrew
Old July 12, 2000, 08:56 PM   #4
ClydeVA

Great Match Thanx to all people that made it possible....
Old July 13, 2000, 09:24 PM   #5
Bob Locke

I shoot with James Eddy, won the CDP/EX division down there. That guy can FLY!

BIG feather in my cap this evening: I beat him on one of the four stages in our twice-monthly matches!

In fact, I had the best time on that stage of all the shooters who participated this week. I'm starting to get a feel for this a little. LOTS to work on, but I feel it starting to take hold.

I wish I could have gone down for the Carolina Cup. I'm gonna be out of town the weekend of the Blackwater Match as well. Bummer.