The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 23, 2009, 05:22 PM   #1
filthysavage

Any dealings with Bushnell ?????

I have a older Bushnell Scopechief 6-20 (about 15 yrs old) that wont hold zero.The scope is in excellent cosmetic condition.I bought this scope second hand.This was Bushnell's top of the line scope before the Elite series.My question is : Will Bushnell repair the scope and will there be a charge ?Anybody have any dealings with them recently .Thanks,
Old March 23, 2009, 09:03 PM   #2
maggys drawers

Not with spotting scopes, but I sent in a pair of their lifetime warranty binoculars a couple years ago. They had been dropped and one of the prisms was knocked out of alignment giving me 2 images of everything. They no longer serviced the model I sent in, and sent me a new pair of binocs for free, just as good or better than the old ones.

Took about 2 weeks from me shipping them off to receiving the new pair.
Old March 24, 2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Toolman

I'd send it back & give them a chance to fix the problem. It will probably cost you $10 tho.

I had purchased a Bushnell Sportview scope and had the cross-hairs break (lifetime warranty), so I sent it back to them for repair. It cost me a $10 'handling' fee plus shipping. Even tho the scope was obsolete, they repaired it and sent it back. Thirty rounds later the cross-hairs fractured, again.
I called them and told them it crapped out again. They said to send it back and they'd repair it and if it broke again they'd replace it.
I sent it back,, again, paid the $10 'handling' fee and they repaired it and sent it back.
It broke again between 30-50 rounds. I sent it back again expecting them to replace it like they promised.
About two weeks later I got the same scope back & a repair report. I called them and asked [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]? (By now I'm almost on a first name basis with them). They said they'd intended to replace the scope this last last time but it was already repaired and shipped before they caught it.
I told them I'd try it one more time. It broke again, same problem. I sent it back with a nasty gram telling them I didn't want that scope back & I didn't care what they did with it.
They replaced that scope with a better one and I've not had any trouble with the replacement. I have another Bushnell scope that I've had for 20 years & never had any problem with it. I just got a lemon this time. They did the right thing, it just took them awhile.
Old March 25, 2009, 10:10 AM   #4
kestak

Greetings,

First call Bushnell and talk to them.
I called them this week and the guy was very nice and helpful. Most likely, he will tell you to return the scope and they will repair ir free.

Thank you
Old March 25, 2009, 03:35 PM   #5
mrayw

Bushnell CS

I bought a Elite spotting scope used for 20 cents on the dollar as it needed repair. This was a $700 spotting scope. They repaired at no charge and it is perfect. For the money Bushnell is a great product.
Old March 25, 2009, 07:33 PM   #6
jamaica

Years ago I bought a Bushnell 6 power scope used. After several years of use, I had an accident and the front lens tube got damaged. I sent it in and they replaced the whole front assembly complete with the lens. No charge.