The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 10, 2010, 12:39 PM   #26
DubC-Hicks

I would go with Spike's Tactical

I just bought a Spike's M4 LE. They are $799. You can also add a Samson flip up rear sight for $10. I've had it for less than a week, and I've already put over 1500 rounds thru it. I've had no problems at all. The guy I was shooting with had a Bushmaster M4A3, and his rifle jammed at least 2 times per mag. The fit and finish on the Spike's is amazing, it's all mil-spec, and it has a chrome lined barrel, chamber, bolt, and carrier. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to buy an inexpensive, high quality AR15.
Old August 10, 2010, 03:20 PM   #27
GONIF

the deal on the S&W mp15 at CDNN is going to be hard to beat ,$699.99 less the S&W $100.00 rebate ,great AR at a stupid low price .
Old August 10, 2010, 03:21 PM   #28
thesheepdog

Quote:
Bushmaster M4A3, and his rifle jammed at least 2 times per mag
Most likely a mag issue.
Old August 10, 2010, 03:33 PM   #29
5RWill

Quote:
That's another internet myth. Fifteen years ago Olympic made a econo AR that was a a jam'o'matic. They have never lost that reputation. They have been making a fine rifle for a long time.
Thats why i said of the one's i've seen, which the two i have seen have been sent back to the gunsmith for numerous reasons, so i guess that was the jam'o'matic your talking about. But one screw up in the gun business hurts your rep to a certain extent regardless of what company it is.
Old August 10, 2010, 04:11 PM   #30
briang2ad

and.... I just stopped at a gunshop in PA which has prices as good as CDNN - so you cna pick up a S&W cheap. All are about the same in terms of price and reliability - so... whose CS do you trust.
Old August 10, 2010, 04:11 PM   #31
thesheepdog

Quote:
That's another internet myth. Fifteen years ago Olympic made a econo AR that was a a jam'o'matic. They have never lost that reputation. They have been making a fine rifle for a long time.
I was at a RWVA shoot a couple years ago-yes i need to go back-and the only 2 guns that did not jam during the 2 day course-as far as i could tell out of 70 something shooters-was 2 Oly Arms match grade rifles. And they were amazingly accurate. There were M1A's, Garands, SKS's, AR-15's, G3's, AK's, AR-10's. I saw a lot of garands hiccup. Other than that, maybe a few mag issues here and there on other guns.

Tags
.223 , ar-15