The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 28, 2007, 03:25 PM   #1
gijason

Savage 110

I have a Savage model 110 .243, I was wondering if I could buy a conversion kit to switch from an internal magazine to an external magazine. If that isn't available maybe there is a dropout plate conversion to drop the shells out of the bottom of the internal magazine?
Old January 28, 2007, 04:39 PM   #2
DnPRK

Your best bet would be to call Fred Moreo at Sharp Shooters Supply (419) 695-3179. Fred specializes in gunsmithing for Savages and carries parts for them. http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/index.html
Old January 28, 2007, 04:58 PM   #3
44 AMP
Staff

If this is important to you,

You bought the wrong rifle. 28 years ago, I had a Savage 110 CDL in .30-06. It had a detatchable box mag. Was also left handed. Brand new, but couldn't be fired until the extractor got replaced. This kind of soured me on Savage bolt guns. Just a personal thing. I do have a Model 99 I am real fond of.

If the hinged floorplate, or the detatchable mag are important features to you, you should have gotten a different model rifle. Perhaps it can be customized to meet your wishes, but a simpler course would have been to get what you wanted in the first place.