The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 5, 1999, 11:22 AM   #1
Kodiac

I ordered this knife either wednesday or thursday (I forgot) and it arrived friday afternoon. Very fast. I recomend ABC DIRECT for ordering any Edged tools you may need.

The Culloden is a slick little knife - in a traditional Scottish design. I have seen them both half this size, and more than double this size. The blade is about 5 inches, and the grip is 4 inches... seems backwards - but its not. The rubber grip locks up good in your hand - it wont slip... And a good thing too - the blade is freaky sharp. The sharpest out of the box I have had from some one other than Spyderco.
It comes with an IWB sheath, that holds the knife snug against the body. It is a good set up. It also makes a great boot knife.

This feeds my Celtic Ego in a good way. Love it.

ABC Direct can be found here:
http://www.abc-direct.com/

Good stuff, and with the best customer service in the knife business that I have seen.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Old June 6, 1999, 03:22 PM   #2
Mike Baugh

Kodiac , I was reading your post about your new knife and decided I had better pick one up also . Did you get the serrated or plain edge ? Did they use their rubber material on the handle or did they use something different ? Thanks for your time , Mike...
Old June 8, 1999, 01:16 PM   #3
Kodiac

Hey Mike,
No problem... Cold Steel puts Krayton Rubber on these blades... Its good stuff, but can be damaged by chemicals... very grippy.
I chose a plain edged - the Scotts didn't serrate there edges.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Old June 12, 1999, 12:08 AM   #4
wishbone

Bought my first Cold Steel Tanto a few years back and loved it. I still think they have the best for the money. One problem. I was so pleased that I also bought kitchen knives by Cold Steel. They are so sharp my wife won't use them and I have to do all the cutting with them.If she knew how happy I am using them I'll bet she wouldn't think I was so wonderful because of helping her in the kitchen.
Old June 15, 1999, 12:13 PM   #5
Ivan8883

From: Ivan8883 6-15-99 105 PM EDT Guys, I dont know if you like liner lockm type knives, but Cold Steel has two good defensive knives that I have : the Big Gunsite and new Scimitar which has a 4 inch curved blade. Lockup on both knives is solid and they are like small swords where if you have to you may slash and run! Ivan
Old June 15, 1999, 04:49 PM   #6
Kodiac

I also like the Vaquero series.

I have a "Large" version - with a 5 inch blade - instead of the Grande's 6 inch blade.

It is big, solid, and freaky sharp. I like it alot. The curvy blade is pretty sexy, and the recurve gives it some great shearing potential. In you hand - you just HAVE to look for something to cut up!

I am now wanting a small El Hombre - wich is basically the same, but PC sized with a pocket clip.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE