The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 13, 2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Roshi

Good day at range with new NMA

I recently got an Uberti Remington NMA with a case hardened frame. Beautiful revolver with a very small cylinder to barrel gap.

I found # 10 Remington caps fit much better than #11's. I was shooting a .454 Speer ball over a Wonderwad and a 30 gr Pyrodex pellet.

I put 36 rounds through it and it still wasn't binding up. The sights certainly are an improvement over the Colt 1860 and 51 Navy. The first 12 shots all went into a paper plate at 15 yards shooting duelist.

Pics of the NMA are straight from the range.

This revolver is a keeper!

Much more so than my new Uberti Whitneyville Hartford Dragoon. I shoots well but I can't shoot it. Too big for my small hands and too heavy for comfortable shooting. I'll be putting it up for sale or trade soon. Breaks my heart but I'm a shooter not a collector.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NMA 12 Shot 15 yd.jpg (142.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg NMA L.jpg (146.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg NMA R.jpg (126.1 KB, 34 views)
Old April 13, 2013, 09:19 PM   #2
TemboTusk

I hear you on heavy pistols! I love shooting my Walker, but man is it heavy. However, one look at it on a table full of modern firearms makes me love it just the same!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0537a.jpg (143.8 KB, 27 views)
Old April 13, 2013, 10:11 PM   #3
44 Dave

My Ubtrti NMA just got some trigger work today, polished every thing and a little more.
I was shooting groups like yours at rest but with the heavy trigger pull and travel made it hard for me to shoot well off hand.
With the ammo shortage my bp revolvers get weekly exercise, I seem to favor the Remy over my 1860.
Old April 13, 2013, 10:16 PM   #4
Sarge

Beautiful revolver Roshi & fine shooting as well. Looks like you were really getting on that dot before you finished.
Old April 14, 2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Hawg

That's not bad but try loose powder next time and see if those groups don't tighten up.