The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 11, 2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Beretta686

SBR AR + M16 + non-SBR AR considerations

I have an SBR AR-15 and am waiting for the Form 4 to clear on an M16. I also have 5 different sub-16-inch uppers I can float between them.

However, I'm looking at getting a 20-inch AR-15, but am concerned about having such a plethora of sub-16 inch uppers and the possibility for "constructive possession" if I have a non-registered, non-pistol AR-15 lower in addition to my NFA toys.

I seriously doubt the black helicopters are going to come for me on this, but is there anything I should keep in mind once I get the non-NFA lower, other than to not create a situation where the only way the parts could be assembled is into an unregistered SBR?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old May 12, 2013, 12:20 AM   #2
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
but is there anything I should keep in mind once I get the non-NFA lower
How much cheaper it is to shoot the semi-auto AR than the M16.
Old May 12, 2013, 12:59 AM   #3
kozak6

Why not just get a 20 inch upper for your SBR?
Old May 12, 2013, 07:43 AM   #4
Beretta686

Quote:
How much cheaper it is to shoot the semi-auto AR than the M16.
That is why Allah shined his blessings upon us and blessed us with the .22LR upper with an auto-trip that allows glorious full-auto fire at an affordable rate.

Quote:
Why not just get a 20 inch upper for your SBR?
A 20-inch upper on a collapsable stock AR? That looks beyond retarded. I'd rather just get another AR with a full stock to go with the 20-inch upper.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Old May 12, 2013, 03:44 PM   #5
Venom1956

Your worried about intent to build or whatever right? I honestly wouldn't sweat it personally. If you had just the short upper and a rifle lower that would be intent to build.

If you have numerous uppers and lowers if your really concerned just keep the 20" is fully assembled you should be fine. Storing it in a separate area then the other uppers is also a good idea in case you're going to disassemble one or the other.

But when it comes to the ATF who the heck knows?!
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug