The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old September 4, 2008, 02:13 PM   #1
ErikAnderson

Snipattic & ErikAnderson Transaction Issues.

The good:
  • The pistol was as described and my FFL concurred.
  • Email communication was quickly replied to other than over the holiday weekend.

The Bad:
  • I paid for overnight shipping per our agreement but the pistol was shipped Three Day Select. When I inquired about the discrepancy, he was very unapologetic and fed me a line about how his FFL couldn't ship Next Air.

Had the pistol been shipped by the method agreed upon, this would be a glowing review of Snipattic. His failure to meet the terms of the agreement and then act rather unaffected by his contract performance earns him a neutral rating at best.
Old September 4, 2008, 02:34 PM   #2
snipattic

erik anderson,never deal with again

first he wanted next day air i agreed my dealer told me that sevice was not availible,i did'nt know so i shipped three day service,now im being accused of lying to him about the shipping when he could call himself an find out that that is the truth,then got story about how busy he is i told if he was not happy SEND IT BACK! an what did he want me too do well have heard nothing
this is that guy who will just ****,moan, cry, no matter what you do you will not make him happy not he has not go tten the weapon just yet im sure he will find somthing wrong with at this point i dont give a dam i have told him dont open thae box senit back no response on that i will not take it back after he has screwd with it just so busy.
Old September 4, 2008, 03:36 PM   #3
ErikAnderson

Quote:
first he wanted next day air i agreed my dealer told me that sevice was not availible,i did'nt know so i shipped three day service,
In our final email exchange (prior to payment), I clearly and explicitly laid out both my performance (overnighted payment via USPS MO in the correct amount) and your performance (shipping the correct item via overnight delivery for delivery no later than 9/3). I did this in an attempt to avoid any confusion. I am not going to speak about your FFL or cast aspersions about your person, but I will say that I've not heard of Next Day Air not being 'available in a place like Las Vegas.

Quote:
now im being accused of lying to him about the shipping when he could call himself an find out that that is the truth,then got story about how busy he is i told if he was not happy SEND IT BACK! an what did he want me too do well have heard nothing
I've never attacked your character or called you a liar in the least. I did (and am) expressing my displeasure in requesting next day air shipment, you agreeing, and then that agreement not being met. I asked for next day air due to my travel and meeting schedule. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and you knew and agreed to my request up front. Had that been a problem, then other arrangements should have been made.

Quote:
this is that guy who will just ****,moan, cry, no matter what you do you will not make him happy not he has not go tten the weapon just yet im sure he will find somthing wrong with at this point i dont give a dam i have told him dont open thae box senit back no response on that i will not take it back after he has screwd with it just so busy.
I have and maintain a singular complaint. I paid for next day air shipping and did not receive it. Your perception may be that I'm 'bitching and moaning', but most people expect that when a deal is made and agreed upon in writing, any failure to perform would leave them feeling slighted.

I'm a bit surprised at your diatribe. I gave an accounting of the events through my eyes in my post and gave you positive points for everything done correctly. Again, my SINGLE complaint is I paid for a service that was not rendered.

Where has my failure in performance been? Did I
1) Pay via method agreed (USPS MO)? Yes.
2) Have payment sent overnight on my dime (actually nearly 180 dimes)? Yes

I'm not sure what more you'd like me to do other than not complain about paying for a service I never received.

Last edited by ErikAnderson; September 4, 2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old September 4, 2008, 03:54 PM   #4
tplumeri

Quote:
but I will say that I've not heard of Next Day Air not being 'available'

not taking sides here in ANY way shape or form, but, out here where i am we dont have Next day ANYTHING! that includes ups, usps and fed ex (that is if you stay local.) now, i live in a town of 1500!
i can ship a handgun overnight only if i drive 1 1/2 hrs to a ups "retail center".
now you boys play nice, ya'hear?
Old September 4, 2008, 04:08 PM   #5
ErikAnderson

Quote:
not taking sides here in ANY way shape or form, but, out here where i am we dont have Next day ANYTHING! that includes ups, usps and fed ex (that is if you stay local.) now, i live in a town of 1500!
i can ship a handgun overnight only if i drive 1 1/2 hrs to a ups "retail center".
now you boys play nice, ya'hear?
In the 'boonies', yes. In Las Vegas? No.
Old September 4, 2008, 04:15 PM   #6
Playboypenguin

I can understand wanting product right away...especially when you pay for overnight delivery.

Hopefully it will end with you being happy with the item and the other party refunding the shipping difference. It will clearly state on the label how much it actually cost to ship.
Old September 4, 2008, 04:22 PM   #7
hoytinak

Overnight shipping might not have "been available" at that dealer....my FFL ships on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. But if that was the case you should have known that before making a deal on overnight shipping.
Old September 4, 2008, 04:28 PM   #8
Wildalaska

Take it to PM

WildsarahsarahAlaska ™
Old September 4, 2008, 04:34 PM   #9
MrClean

Quote:
Take it to PM
Amen. Seems simple enough to fix to me.

Lifetime NRA, USPSA, HCSO, CRS Club
Old September 4, 2008, 04:49 PM   #10
tplumeri

Quote:
Take it to PM

well, what fun would that be?
if we egg em on this could go on forever!
Old September 4, 2008, 10:36 PM   #11
ErikAnderson

Quote:
if we egg em on this could go on forever!
Nice try.

I'm attempted resolution via email to no avail. I posted a fair and objective review of the transaction in my thread (http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309448) and have replied to his rantings and ravings in this thread.

I sleep well knowing that I did everything I committed myself to, gave an accurate portrayal of events, and didn't stoop to personal attacks.

There will be no further emails, PMs or posts from me on this subject.
Old September 4, 2008, 11:41 PM   #12
JohnKSa
Staff

I'm going to merge this with the other thread and change the title.

I'm also going to lock the thread since it would seem that each involved party has said what they want to say for now. If either party finds that they need to add something to the thread they may contact me via PM and I'll re-open it for the update.
Old September 5, 2008, 06:02 PM   #13
tplumeri

i dont think its locked.

Last edited by JohnKSa; September 5, 2008 at 09:31 PM. Reason: That's odd... Well, it is now!
Closed Thread