The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 3, 2015, 11:46 AM   #1
Mannlicher

Elzetta light mount for my 870

After looking at several different light mounts, I ordered the ZSM from Elzetta. It was easy to install, and I used a Surefire Fury light. My left thumb reaches the on button with no problems. The light is more than bright enough, at 500 lumens.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old September 3, 2015, 08:37 PM   #2
Chief Brody

Very nice setup. I, too, keep a wood-stocked 870 for my HD gun. My light mount is on the right side - a Streamlight TLR-1 on a mag tube clamp. I'm a righty and can easily manipulate the switch with my left index finger. It's always cool to see all the different approaches to lights and accessories that different owners implement.
Old September 6, 2015, 07:33 PM   #3
Mannlicher

took the Remington to the range, and fired 25 rounds through it. The mount was rock steady, did not shift or move.
At night, it really lights up the house or back yard. I'm pretty pleased with the light and mount.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old September 6, 2015, 11:33 PM   #4
SARuger

Mine is on the way, I ended up with the Streamlight though. I couldnt afford the Surefire
Old September 7, 2015, 10:59 AM   #5
ColumbusJBR

Glad it's working out well. I have the same mount on my 500.

A word of advice, if and when you take it off and put it back on, be careful how tight you crank it down. On my Mossy I've had it too tight to the point that the mag tube follower wouldn't move and shells wouldn't feed. Just give it a quick test rack with a full tube to be sure before you put it away for HD duty.
Old September 11, 2015, 11:36 PM   #6
SARuger

Here is the Elzetta on a Maverick 88 20g with the Streamlight. I paid $30 for the Streamlight and $12 for 10 extra lithium ion batteries. This light has the "strobe" feature and its easy to access the rear switch with my thumb while my hand is on the forearm grip

Old September 13, 2015, 08:42 PM   #7
upstate81

SARuger, I have that same light i keep by my .40 bedside. Its very very bright. It also works great for tracking deer after dark.