The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 30, 2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Dragline45

Sig 232 Hammer Reset Spring Question

I detail stripped my 232 to give it a thorough clean and oil and noticed something when re-assembling that I never took note of before. If you look in the first picture, upon re-assembly I noticed it looks as if the hammer reset spring is supposed to ride in the notch in the hammer, but even after setting it in that notch I will put the slide back on, dry fire even once, and it pops out and rides against the wall of the frame instead, which you can kind of make out in the second picture (sorry for the bad quality). Now even before I disassembled the pistol the hammer reset spring would ride against the wall of the frame, I know this because I would put oil in that exact spot since the spring would ride the wall and create friction. The gun has always worked fine the way it is which makes me wonder if the spring is even supposed to ride in that notch. If anyone has a 232 out there I would appreciate if you could take a look and see how yours is.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sig232.JPG (46.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg sig232-2.JPG (22.1 KB, 15 views)