The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 11, 2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Swampman1

Armscor bullets?

I'm looking at .224 55 gr Armscor bullets. Anyone ever used these bullets? Any good?
Old December 11, 2013, 12:03 PM   #2
g.willikers

Armscore / Rock Island has recently gotten into the manufacturing and sale of ammo and components.
With the continuing shortages, we'll probably start to see more of their products.
Here's their website for them:

http://www.armscor.com.ph/ammunition.htm
Old December 11, 2013, 03:15 PM   #3
FrankenMauser

I haven't used those bullets, or any ammunition loaded with them. However, I have never been disappointed with their ammunition-related products. (Their firearms are a different story.)

ArmsCor has been producing ammunition for other companies for quite some time. If you shoot import ammo or reload with imported components, you've probably used their products and didn't know it.
One of their most notable recent contracts was with Fiocchi - ArmsCor manufactured Fiocchi rimfire ammunition, and some of the shotshell loads, for over 20 years. (Fiocchi is currently having CCI produce most of their rimfire ammo for North America, but that's a recent contract change.)
Among other things, ArmsCor has also produced ammunition and components for the "Winchester 'Metrics'" line of products.
Old December 11, 2013, 03:29 PM   #4
TATER

I Got two bags of 500 55 grain FMJ and was told it was Armscor by the dealer,
I have never bought anything from this guy before so take that with a grain of salt... Anyway, they kinda have a blunt point to them and shoot 2' foot groups @ 100 yards.. get what you pay for I guess.. I wish I knew for sure what they
were.
Old December 11, 2013, 04:20 PM   #5
ocd41911

Swampman1, I recently bought 1k of the Armscor 55gr .224's from brassmanbrass.com and they shoot as well as the Hornady 55gr I bought in the same order. They aren't as pretty as the Hornady, but the price was right.
Old December 12, 2013, 09:48 PM   #6
Oldbuck30

Shoot Armscor in 357

I use these inn 158 gr. FMJ RN for target in my 357 mag. Shoot fine and always available. I shoot indoors and can not shoot bullets that are not covered
Old December 12, 2013, 11:19 PM   #7
marine6680

I have read that they are a little inconsistent and that makes them less accurate... but the work well enough for plinking.

I was looking into getting some for plinking loads, but I just got some Hornady FMJ.
Old December 13, 2013, 01:15 AM   #8
Recon7

I recently finished off 2,000 rounds of 9mm I loaded with 124gn armscor bullets. They shot well enough for me, but there were inconsistencies that gave me a pretty wide spread in OAL. I had several early QC failures and had to fine tune my dies a few times. I plan on avoiding them in the future, but with pricing and availability what it is, would go back to them if given a good enough reason.