The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 10, 2011, 01:05 PM   #1
Trago

beretta

Does the 9mm beretta g take the same grip plate as the 92 f or 92 FS? I thankyou. I thought I was bidding on an FS and ended up with a G. I;m sure I'll love it, just need to put some nice grips on it. I thankyou
Old May 10, 2011, 01:09 PM   #2
9mm

I am pretty sure the G is from late 70's early 80's? I went to a gun show a month ago and saw a model "G" for like $350 and they where a bit beat up and some rust on the frame, the barrels looked okay. The guide rod? was metal not that plastic crap. Hope you got a good deal
Old May 10, 2011, 01:54 PM   #3
AustinTX

Quote:
I am pretty sure the G is from late 70's early 80's?
No, Beretta produced the 92 in the "G" configuration up until fairly recently. Beretta USA still occasionally sells "G" uppers. Many Brigadiers and Vertecs came in the "G" configuration, as did all of the Elite I/IA/II pistols.

Congrats on your purchase, Trago! The grips are the same for both the 92FS and 92G. I think most Beretta fans would consider it a pleasant surprise to wind up with a 92G over a 92FS.

Last edited by AustinTX; May 10, 2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typo
Old May 10, 2011, 03:59 PM   #4
MidwestRookie

the grips are the same...

G = decocker only
FS = decocker/safety
D = double action only

that's all those mean at the end of the name..

only the compact and vertec models have different grips than the normal 92FS/M9..

Last edited by MidwestRookie; May 10, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old May 11, 2011, 07:50 AM   #5
Trago

beretta info

I thankyou one and all for your wealth of information, I've rounded out my sig and browning collection, with exception to anything with polymer on it and am trying to do so with Beretta now, It's one thing I know will have my two boys flippin coins when I take that final dirt nap. I did the same with S&W but that didn't take long as I have a major aversion to the polymer stuff being stamped out and the last thing I looked at, excited as Ralphie and his Red Ryder, was the bodyguard, my word, in my not so humble opinion, I never saw anything so hideous. There's just so much great stuff to look at out there, and you guys make it so easy to figure out what's what, thanks again. Safety=Longevity Trago
Old May 11, 2011, 10:08 AM   #6
KurtC

FS, G and D grips are the same. Earlier F models have a smaller hammer pin and use a different left side grip panel.

Tags
beretta , browning , colt , s7w , sig