The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 20, 2014, 09:00 PM   #1
papershotshells

Condor tactical gear?

Gentlemen,

I normally use 5.11 Tactical for duty gear and range gear. It's great quality gear and it's my favorite.

Unfortunately, 5.11 doesn't make everything, there are some items that I'd like to add to my gear (mostly for range use) that they just don't make.

I've been looking at tactical/duty/range gear online and keep seeing Condor brand tactical gear. They make some products that I could use and the prices look good.

Has anyone used any of their gear? How is the quality? Field reports?

Thanks in advance.

Papershotshells
Old February 24, 2014, 09:29 PM   #2
papershotshells

No one?

Papershotshells
Old February 24, 2014, 11:43 PM   #3
nemesiss45

What sort of items are you looking at? I dont have experience with that brand, but maybe I could recomment some brands
Old February 25, 2014, 07:01 AM   #4
DT Guy

All I've gotten from them is two 'operator' (velcro patched) ball caps.

Those seem fine, although I'd hate to think any gear company could screw up a cap.

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos
Old February 25, 2014, 10:12 AM   #5
papershotshells

DT Guy,

You'd like to think that a cap would be pretty hard to screw up. lol

nemesiss,

I'm mostly looking for smaller pouches that attach with the MOLLE system. Pouches for latex gloves, smart phone (5.11 makes a smart phone pouch, but I don't care for it), misc items. I really want a small nylon pouch to hold batteries for my SureFire flashlight. The battery holder that 5.11 makes is hard plastic and I really don't care for it.

Thanks Gents.

Papershotshells
Old February 25, 2014, 03:27 PM   #6
Ridge_Runner_5

Condor is lesser quality stuff, but it's not like you're using a vest they made to rappel off a building, so you should be fine. Might wear a bit faster is all.
Old February 25, 2014, 07:09 PM   #7
armed_librarian

Shoulder Holster

My LGS had one of their shoulder holsters for sale for $20. I had never used a shoulder rig before and figured it was a good price just to try it out. While it is obvious its not the greatest quality. It still seems well made. I'm gonna hang on to it and use it this summer when I'm riding my motorcycle.

Not sure what gear you are looking for but their prices can't be beat. Not sure I would use it in a position where my life depended on it. But as far as just range use or EDC. Seems fine in my eyes. ymmv
Old February 25, 2014, 08:50 PM   #8
Jo6pak

Many of us have used Condor stuff for paintball. Granted, that's not the same, but for durability and function testing it comes pretty darn close.

It is good value. Price vs. Quality it rates fairly well and holds up well to abuse.
Old February 25, 2014, 08:50 PM   #9
papershotshells

Thanks for all the input Gents.

I think I'll try a couple of smaller of their smaller items and see how I like them, at least at the range.

I'll probably stick with 5.11 or Blackhawk gear for my daily duty gear.

Papershotshells
Old February 26, 2014, 07:27 AM   #10
Sure shot wv

I've never used condor products so I can't comment there but have you looked at safariland? They're a little pricey but worth it IMHO. All my issued clothing is 5.11 and some misc stuff like flashlights. Everything else I use is safariland. Belt,holsters,cuff case etc. grant it I didn't have to pay for it it's all dept issue but I have no complaints performance and durability wise.

I also use safariland for my personal competition set up. Well most of the stuff lol. Just some food for thought.
Old February 26, 2014, 08:58 AM   #11
papershotshells

Sure shot,

I've used a lot of Safariland gear in the past, mostly leather, and I still have some of their holsters. They make great stuff and I still use some it in competition.

I'm just looking for lower price point stuff, in nylon, for range use and spares to loan out if I need to (it never fails when I go to the range to train with some guys, somebody either doesn't have or forgets to bring a piece of gear). I'm going to try some of the Condor stuff an see how it works. It may be good stuff, for the price.

I love my 5.11 gear for duty use. In fact, I just got a package of goodies from them on monday with a new flashlight in it that I think I like better than the SureFire lights I've always used. But that's another topic, lol. I may even post a short review of the light after I've used it a while.

Papershotshells