The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 14, 2008, 03:06 PM   #1
ah141nj

Portable/ Range Loading bench

Being that I couldnt load this week, while I was waiting for parts....I decided to play around with my bench.
Due to space limitations, I needed something small & can be put away when needed.
I started out with a B&D workmate bench. Glued & screwed 2 pieces of 3/4 birchwood for my top. Added 2 pieces of 3/8 threaded rod through the side frames to prevent twist. Added a sheet of .090 thick aluminum to disperse the top pressure. Used 1/4 thick steel plate as washers for the underside of the press. 3 coats of polyurethane to top it off.
It is my primary reload bench, but can be brought to the range for onsite load development.

I think I thought of all I can do to it!!
There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."
-- Charlton Heston, 15 Sep 1997
Old December 14, 2008, 05:33 PM   #2
rn22723

Good Job! I used to load with a 550B and a RCBS Jr press mounted to a Work Mate. I had 2x12 with a 2x6 mounted in the centerline that was screwed and glued to the 2x12. Weighed down the WM with a few ammo cans and it worked great!