The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 16, 2010, 10:31 PM   #1
686+

Pouches, belts and holsters.

I am getting into 3 gun again after a couple years delay. I would like to set up some pouches for mags, and perhaps my holster.
I have seen some of the 3 gun speed setups and I prefer my gear a little more practical (better retention and gear protection).

I am looking for suggestions on belts, pouches and holster setups. Pictures would be great. Recomendations for brand and make and your experiance would be even better.

I am going to run a FAL, 12ga, and a G17. I have no mag pouches for the FAL and it looks like only a few folks make them for 20 round .308 mags. (Bonus points if same mag pouches can be used for AR mags)

Thanks in advance.
686+
Old November 23, 2010, 01:19 AM   #2
686+

I am supprised no one on TFL had an answer. (except one person who sent me a link - thanks!)

After quite a bit of research I am going to answer my own post, just in case any one is interested

The taco mag pouch by hsgi looks to be one of the only pouches out there that can be used for AR, AK and FAL/M14 mags. While it cost more then I wanted to spend, it should break even on cost compared to buying another set of pouches for the AR. Initially I was going to go with surplus pouches, but finding them, getting them and making sure they go on a belt was just taking too much time. Add to that trying to figure out how to attach the pistol pouches I have on a belt suitable for the mil surplus pouches, and it just was not working out.

Bonus: The pouches should work just fine when I go hunting - they will stretch to accomodate small items, so there is one more way for me to use them.
Old November 24, 2010, 03:43 AM   #3
gimike

I've done a google search for images of iwb holsters. Kind of a look before you shop. Dozens of relevant pictures will come up. You'll be amazed by the number of great looking holsters and by the number of dogs you will see. Happy hunting!
Old November 24, 2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Carne Frio

Go to this site and read all the stickies at the top.
That will keep you busy.

http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14