The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 10, 2010, 08:42 PM   #1
bamboo spear

"Speedfeed" pistol grip

Does anyone have any experience with these? They're rounded and look like an old-timey "sawed off" except they're plastic. They look like they would be much easier on the wrist, and easier to handle in close quarters. My wife has a pump-action Mossberg under the bed with a stock, and I'd like to reduce the size of it, but I know a regular pistol grip would murder her.
Old August 10, 2010, 09:44 PM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

There is no reason in the world that would make that PGO grip better than a full stock.
Harder to handle, harder to manipulate the safety and action release tabs, harder to maintain control in a hand to hand encounter, harder to fire accurately and far less options for carry positioning or firing positions.

NO PGO equipped gun is going to be as serviceable to the owner than a stock equipped gun. And no PGO grip is going to be comfortable to fire repeatedly to gain the skills to make you or her even remotely adequate in the range of possible situations you may bring your shotgun to bear.

All of the recoil will always be transmitted to the hands, wrists and elbows of the shooter rather than the shoulder that than transmits it completely thru the body where it is mitigated thru wide spread absorption of shock wave...

That was the long way of saying "Yer better off with a traditional stock than any PGO or PGStock..."
Brent