The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 29, 2011, 11:30 PM   #1
teedles915

Totally concealed

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys give me....

I own a Glock 19 and hopefully will be taking my Concealed Carry class in the next few months, so I have a while to make my decision as to where and how I want to carry. I am in the situation where I will have to have a tucked shirt on 60% of the time due to work, and it is very important to me to make sure that the Glock will be as concealed as possible. I have looked at a lot of options and some of the tuckabel hosters look like wonderful products but most (if not all) still have some kind of hook or clip that is visible if a person looks hard enough. So I am stuck trying to figure out what to do. Here are the options I have though of so far. I would love your opinion on each...

Thunderwear/ Smart carry holster- I have a few worries here, the first and biggest one is I looks like when I sit the Gun will be pointed at the person sitting across from me. To me pointing a gun at another person, is not something that I am willing to do. The second worry here is the speed of draw. I know the speed of draw is going to be slower with any totally concealed method, but considering I wear a belt everyday it's not so easy for me to pull the front of my pants out to access the weapon.

Shoulder Holster- Having never had experience with them is my biggest negative here. Most shoulder harnesses look bulky to me, again something I can not take a risk on. Also it seems that most people who wear them do so over their shirt with a jacket it on, if this is a neccesity these would definitely be a no go.

Belly Band Worn High- I don't think my body would work well with the traditional belly band because I am built like a penguin. My belly sticks out already so wearing a band with a gun in it probably isn't gonna work. But I was thinking, it might be possible to wear the band higher like across the chest, and rotating it so that it producesa cross draw like a traditional shoulder rig. Do any of you have experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys may have.

T.W.
Old May 30, 2011, 07:40 AM   #2
cryogenic419

The tuckable holsters you mentioned a hook or clip being visible. Most people aren't really going to be paying attention or even looking for it for that matter.

I actually have something I use when wearing a holster is not practical. You know those leather personal organizers that are about the size of a book? I picked up one of those a while back, gutted the thing, epoxied in a pocket holster, a loop of elastic to hold a spare mag, and some velcro on the outside so opening and closing it could be done in a hurry. The firearm is concealed, kept in a holster per my state's regulations, and nobody is really going to give somebody carrying an organizer a second look. Draw time really isn't any worse than if you were wearing a holster and sitting down in my experience.
Old May 30, 2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

The SuperTuck from Crossbreed has optional clips with Velcro that go behind the belt rather than over top and in front of it. I'm sure some other holsters have the same option. I have the SuperTuck and really like it. You won't find many, if any, bad reviews on it.

I will add though that "super concealability" is more of a concern for people who have never concealed a firearm. I was all worried about it too until I started carrying, then I realized that people are clueless. CLUELESS. Most of the time, you could where your gun under spandex and people wouldn't notice. Basically, you don't have to worry as much as you think you do.

Anyway, observant people would notice the giant bump under your shirt/pants before they'd notice those clips.
Old May 30, 2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Kreyzhorse

Any of those options will work but I'm not sure any of them would be my choice. Personally, I'd suggest a smaller pocket type gun for work. The Glock would be my weekend gun. Additionally, if you feel you need to carry at work, a pocket gun would allow you to draw it much quicker than any of the other options.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:04 PM   #5
JerryM

I'm with Krezahorse on this one. I use a pocket holster when I wear a tucked in shirt and not coat. I usually carry a P3AT in the pocket.
Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:43 PM   #6
teedles915

Thanks so much for all the responses guys.

I will definitely check out the Cross Breed Super Tuck, as I would much rather carry IWB than probably anywhere else. It just seems more natural to me than most other carry methods.

I am definitely still learning the ins an outs of the Conceal Carry, and aprecciate all the help. I wasn't sure if the Glock would make a large pring if worn under the arm pit or not.

Unfortunately getting another pistol at this moment isn't possibe, as there is not enough funds right now. So I will have to make due with what I have, until I can save enough for a smaller psitol. (which I definitley will do)
Old May 30, 2011, 03:00 PM   #7
BarryLee

Milt Sparks VM2 is available with clips that attach to the waist band of your pants instead of your belt so they are less visable.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old May 30, 2011, 05:56 PM   #8
los

The Covert/T provides an innovative IWB method of carry by completely eliminating the Bulk and Mass that is inherently synonymous with conventional leather and hybrid holsters. No Mass, No Mas. Totally Covert Carry.

It's design allows the shirt tail to be tucked down the entire length of the handgun.

Last edited by los; May 30, 2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old May 30, 2011, 06:36 PM   #9
teedles915

Is that homemade? If so any other detials on how to make it.
Old May 30, 2011, 09:24 PM   #10
Eagle Eye

I like the pocket holsters available at the NRA online store. I have one for the back pocket and one for the side pocket. They cling to the pocket and the pistol slips out easily. They work on either side and print like a wallet.
Old June 22, 2011, 03:24 PM   #11
Tactipac

TOTALLY CONCEALED FusionPac

Go to YouTube and search for the FusionPac . It is a totally concealed IWB with no clips or anything else to be seen.
Old June 23, 2011, 07:16 AM   #12
output

Quote:
Go to YouTube and search for the FusionPac . It is a totally concealed IWB with no clips or anything else to be seen.
Looks cool. They are not for sale right now though, are they?