The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 25, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1
passintime

Umarex HK 416 .22 pistol

Hello all, I was at the gunshop earlier today picking up my SR1911 and the owner had just gotten in 3 of the HK 416 .22pistols. What can you all tell me about these? He quoted me $450, and I am very interested assuming it is a quality firearm.

Thanks!
"You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations — these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit — immortal horrors or everlasting splendors." ~~~CS Lewis
Old January 25, 2012, 09:44 PM   #2
HKGuns

They're not HK, they are UMAREX. (Airsoft) They're probably just fine, but don't think you're getting an HK. I've never heard anything bad about them, in fact I've heard they shoot well.
Old January 25, 2012, 10:15 PM   #3
HKFan9

The Umarex.....Walther... .22 rim fires are very nice replica's. They are approved and trade marked by H&K. I plan on buying the MP-5 one as a fun little plinker because my 10/22 is boring.
Old January 26, 2012, 08:20 PM   #4
passintime

Thanks for the responses guys. Do I have it right that by license from HK, Walther makes these and Umarex imports/distributes them?
"You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations — these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit — immortal horrors or everlasting splendors." ~~~CS Lewis
Old January 26, 2012, 08:40 PM   #5
HKGuns

NP, Here is how I understand it, which makes you correct, I think.

HK licensed Umarex to make the .22LR MP5, HK416 & MP7 clones.
Umarex has Walther manufacture the HK MP5 & HK416 .22LR clones and then imports them into the USA for HK. (I reserve the right to be wrong!)
Old January 26, 2012, 11:04 PM   #6
wild cat mccane

Almost.

Uramex makes them. Not Walther. REAL Walthers are made in Ulm: the P99, PPS, the Olympic rifles, PPQ.

Uramex walthers are P22, SP22, PK380.

So a Uramex HK, Sig, whatever is a Uramex made Walther. NOT a Walther made Walther.