The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 25, 2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Rikakiah

Sling

I'm looking for a sling for my AR. I got a magpul ms4 and really like the versatility. While I probably wouldn't need the 1-point configuration much, it's nice to have the option.

My problem with the ms4 is that I can't tighten it back up with 1 hand. It loosens flawlessly.

I guess what I NEED is a 2-point sling that I can effortlessly cinch tight to keep it close when traversing rough terrain, then just as easily loosen it back up.

It needs to be quick detach, but in reality, I could just use my ms4 hardware, but it'd be a shame to cut such a well-stitched strap even if the design is slightly flawed.
Old August 25, 2013, 09:33 PM   #2
TexasJim

Checkout urbanertslings. Many options.
Old August 26, 2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Jo6pak

I have a BlueForce 2-pt sling on my M1-A that fits your criteria. One hand adjustable, and it holds the 14+ pound rifle just fine, should work even better on an AR.

http://www.blueforcegear.com/victory-two-point-sling/
Old August 26, 2013, 09:53 PM   #4
ClydeFrog

Tactical slings & kit....

In the last 10/12 years, there has been a big upswing in slings/kit for ARs & patrol or tactical rifles.
I'm not a SWAT cop or ACE/CAG operator but I have heard of a few decent brands; Mesa Tactical, Blackhawk, 5.11 Tactical, CSM Gear, Crye Precision, Brownells.com(which puts out a AR gear catalog), PoliceHQ.com, DeltaForce.com.

CF
Old August 27, 2013, 03:39 PM   #5
k9barco

Blue Force gear is very popular..... and offer easy retention/tightning...
Old August 28, 2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Sierra280

I love my magpul sling, I use it in the standard 2 point configuration on my rem700. I love it because I can easily tighten it with 1 thumb, when I'm hiking around, loosening it is a little more difficult, but still basically a one handed operation.

Maybe you got a bad one?
Old August 28, 2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Rikakiah

That's weird that loosening it is harder for you, just from how it's designed. But yeah, I have an MS3 on my .22 416 and it tightens a bit better (but still not conveniently loose). I'm gonna get a VTAC and just attach it to my MS4 hardware as that design looks like it will tighten and loosen equally well (and then I get the quality magpul 1/2-point QD hardware).
Old August 28, 2013, 12:58 PM   #8
ClydeFrog

Galco...

Galco www.usgalco.com had a great M4 type sling that allowed quick transitions from either side. I'm not sure of the product name.
Id go for something well made & ambi as possible. You never know when you need to fire wounded or hurt or switch to other weapons.

CF
Old September 6, 2013, 11:55 AM   #9
bamaranger

VTAC

WE bought about a dozen and a half of these for patrol carbines and the guys like'em. Tighten with one hand, loosen even easier.