The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 21, 2009, 07:53 AM   #1
SigPig

Lasermax question I can't find the answer to

Does anyone know if I put in the lasermax guide rod (sig 226r) along with the lasermax take down lever, do I have to change back the takedown lever everytime I want to put my old guide rod back in or switch to a 22lr conversion, or can I just pop out the lasermax guide rod and insert the other ones? Thanks!
Old May 22, 2009, 08:10 PM   #2
mcole

the lever doesn't need to be changed back on a glock; but don't know about a sig. would believe lasermax'x web site would answer that question. mcole
Old May 22, 2009, 10:41 PM   #3
stephen426

I'm not sure that the Laser Max Guide Rod would work with the .22 LR conversion for you Sig P226. I had a Laser Max on my Glock 26, which has a captive spring. I'm assuming that your .22 conversion either has a spring and guide rod or a spring that you have to change so that the recoil of the .22 can cycle the gun. If the spring goes over the guiderod, then it might work. I suggest you call them directly.

I did not like the Laser Max for my Glock and ended up taking it out. On Glocks, the laser is activated by pushing the lake down latch to either side of the gun. The wider take down latch made it difficult (or impossible) to use with most holsters. I also activated the laser quite a few times accidentally and had no juice when I wanted to use it.