The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 15, 2013, 04:05 PM   #1
haltoo

Ruger SR9c Magazine Adapter

Currently I don't have the funds saved up to purchase the SR9c, but I was able to get the 17 round magazines in case they get banned. But my concern is that I can't find the adapters anywhere except eBay. I don't want to pay a ridiculous price.

So my question, if the ban passes, will the adapters still be sold? Or do I need to go ahead and pay a hefty price for them on eBay? Thanks for the help!
Old February 15, 2013, 04:40 PM   #2
cbuck

in the event of a ban the biggest thing is that you have the 17rd mags, my sr9c will run the larger mags without the grip extension without an issue. i have the one that came with my gun that has the extension and 2 extras that i dont have extensions for. its comes down to your personal preference but it doesnt bother me to shoot the 2 mags that dont have them.
Old February 15, 2013, 06:22 PM   #3
alex0535

I would just place a back-order for some on shopruger.com where you can buy 2 for $10.

It might take you a while to get them, but you don't even have the SR9C yet so time is on your side. The 17 round magazine will work just fine without the adapter, you just won't have the extended grip it provides.
Old February 15, 2013, 06:52 PM   #4
comn-cents

They realy aren't needed. I have one & when the mag is a mag pouch it just slips down in the way.
Old February 15, 2013, 08:05 PM   #5
tahunua001

the full length magazines will still be sold, they will just have the same ammo capacity, the full length adapters will still be sold.
Old February 15, 2013, 08:58 PM   #6
haltoo

Thanks for the info. I'll just keep saving up til I'm ready to buy one.
Old February 15, 2013, 08:59 PM   #7
seeker_two

Make your own.....

Take an unloaded 17rd mag and insert it into your UNLOADED pistol with the slide closed. Take some grip tape and wrap it around the protruding part of the mag just under the grip. Wrap evenly until the wrapped part of the mag won't fit in the magwell & it feels comfortable to your grip. Trim off any excess as needed.

This method worked well for my 1911 10rd mags & my XDsc 17rd mags. Cheaper, too.
Old February 15, 2013, 09:12 PM   #8
haltoo

Excellent idea seeker!