The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 7, 2004, 10:20 AM   #1
Jamie Young

John Kerry and all these shotgun pictures

I've seen about 20 pictures of John Kerry shooting shotguns but I have never seen any pictures of him hitting anything? I saw them two months ago and now Drudge has a bunch of them running on his site.

Is he hitting anything?
Old September 7, 2004, 11:04 AM   #2
ACP230

I read somewhere that Kerry got 17 out of 25 at trap. I think it was at a club in Southern Wisconsin.

That still doesn't make me want to vote for him.
Old September 7, 2004, 11:44 AM   #3
mete

Remember the infamous Clinton duck hunt ? They got one or two ducks but no one would admit shooting them !!!
Old September 7, 2004, 02:21 PM   #4
Hkmp5sd

Here's the one I like best...

Quote:
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE SEPT 07, 2004 11:46:05 ET XXXXX

KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

Was Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun which would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 last year (“The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003) which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.”

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the "pistol grip," as loosely defined in the bill. [Section SEC. 2; (H) (ii) and (b)(42): "The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip."]

Kerry was presented with the semiautomatic shotgun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

But Kerry's gun bill would have also banned any "gift" transaction!

[It is not clear if Kerry completed the required paperwork (Form 4473) before he claimed the gun.]

Developing...

NRA Life Member
Old September 7, 2004, 04:53 PM   #5
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

At least he had his finger off the trigger this time. I remain unimpressed....
Old September 7, 2004, 05:19 PM   #6
grey_pilgrim

And kerry was given the same shotgun as me. . . . Do I need to get a new shotgun? Mebbe a nice saiga-12 or benneli tactical. So i could say that i'm getting an assault shotgun because of Kerry.OH wait, i'm in college. . . and I don't have any money. Oh well, mine's the left hand version anyway. . . .

Kerry's posing is really making me mad. I was talking with a democrat last night. She said "Kerry likes guns, but he votes against them"

A contradiction? Not if you don't know that liking guns means saying more than "I believe in the second amendment".
Old September 7, 2004, 05:26 PM   #7
Sneevil

Old September 7, 2004, 05:28 PM   #8
Hkmp5sd

The question I'm curious about is whether Kerry was arrested for taking possession of a firearm outside his state of residence without going through a FFL.

NRA Life Member
Old September 7, 2004, 06:24 PM   #9
sm

Hkmp5sd,

Good Point...Developments ?
Old September 7, 2004, 08:12 PM   #10
Third_Rail

Keep me updated on this! I'd love to have my wonderful senator charged with something.
Old September 15, 2004, 06:14 AM   #11
kehrby

The thing that gets me is that he is obviously doing it just for the photo op. Watch him closely and you can tell that he doesn't have a clue. The last picture I saw was on the news and he was hunting birds of some sort. When he fired his head was nowhere near the gun!
Old September 17, 2004, 10:57 PM   #12
GodblessAmerica

John Kerry

Does he know what he's doing? Please Vote !!!!!!!