The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 27, 2010, 11:53 PM   #1
seanhagerty

PRVI Bullets

I have found a place that sells these PRVI bullets in bulk (1000 ea for ~150 bucks)

Anyone used these? Are they any good?

Sean
Old March 28, 2010, 12:14 AM   #2
attila787

I asked the same questions a couple months ago, but got no reply's. So I hope I can be of some help.

They are good bullets, but they are by no means match accurate, but very adequate. I did not get a good chance to actually test the accuracy at the range, but I fired a few shots on my deer lease and from what I could tell they performed well at least good enough to take out a few hogs at hundreds yards.

I don't think you will be disappointed. There is not much reloading data for that particular bullet, but I just used a reloading manual matching the bullet go with the lowest powder charge recommended and shoot some then move up.

Good luck!
Old March 28, 2010, 03:38 AM   #3
88KEYS

Privi Great Stuff

The Privi are great bullets, I buy them from Graf Sons just got 1000 45 ACP 185 HP, nice looking have not loaded them. I just loaded some 75 Match for High Power in 223, will shoot them this week.

I was at my club @600 2 years ago with a custom made M1A; it was my first time @ 600 with open sights. One of the old timers was helping me as High Power is new for me; we have a first class 600 yard range. I was using Privi 168 BTHP; this guy was a top brand name bullet guy.
I was hitting every shot 7 &8 ring but was really glad with my rifle and hand loads. The guy tried my gun and fired 2 shots and they were 6” apart and he asked me where I got the ammo. He commented on how accurate it was and like it. The answer surprised him, I think you will be happy with the Privi and Graf is great to do business with.

Watch for the sales and if it says back order place the order it gets you on a list, they are now caught up after post Obama time. Also with Graf the price includes shipping.