The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 14, 2012, 02:38 PM   #1
BarryLee

1911 Military Style Holster

I own a Springfield Armory GI style 1911 and would love to get a replica military style holster and belt for it. I must admit I am not really knowledgeable on exactly what was used in various eras. However, what I would like is the leather style flap holster with a web belt and magazine case. I found a genuine WWII rig in a gun shop, but the guy wanted $600 dollars for it which is more than I paid for the gun.

Again, I am looking for a nice quality replica or maybe other suggestions.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old June 14, 2012, 03:15 PM   #2
aarondhgraham

Pacific Canvas and Leather has what you want.

Click here please,,,

Hope his helps.

Aarond

Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old June 14, 2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Chris_B

That rig was WAY too much

Original belt should be about 40 bucks, holster 100-140. Join a collecting forum. I recommend usmilitaria.com

example:

"Offering this nice set, came together. Belt is marked 'US'. Mag pouch is marked on rear 'ERO MFG CO 1942' and inside 'W-4925'...$45 shipped domestic or trade for USMC or WWII German"

Ad from 11 June 2012. Nice shape, all original

"- WWII First Aid Pouch: 1942 dated, in good used condition with some soiling. $10.00" [original bandages, unopened go for about 20 bucks, CB]

Ad from 18 May 2012

"- Early WWII Canteen and Pistol Belt Set: Canteen cover is dated 1942, canteen and cup are dated 1918. The pistol belt is dated 1941 and has a nice clear dark “US”. Canteen cover and belt match very closely in color and wear. A very attractive set that has been sun/sweat bleached. $38.00"

Ad from 18 May 2012

"This is a real nice example of a war dated .45 holster in great shape. The date appears to be either 42 or 43, hard to clearly make out, but it is one of the two. The leather is in excellent shape, a small amount of verdigris that can be quickly cleaned. $125 plus shipping." [hasn't sold, and is in very nice shape CB]

ad from 26 May 2012

Last edited by Chris_B; June 14, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old June 14, 2012, 10:00 PM   #4
RJay

You should be able to find Viet Nam era holsters for 25 to 35 dollars, belt included. I believe, I haven't check out prices lately.
Old June 14, 2012, 10:26 PM   #5
kilimanjaro

Holsters from Korean War and earlier were made in brown leather. Post-Korea they come in black leather. The black stuff is readily available, but the brown leather goodies are now scarce, expensive, and often have care and condition problems. There are numerous replicas being made, I recommend El Paso Saddlery for their offerings, it's well made and authentic. They have the standard pistol holster with belt hanger for pistol belts, the M7 shoulder holster, and the 1911 cavalry rig, which rode lower from the belt for horseback use, and magazine pouches.

If you find anyone making good quality Spanish-American War accoutrements, kindly post the source here, thanks.
Old June 18, 2012, 11:25 PM   #6
bamaranger

Hey, consider this.

A Ruger .22 MK I-II-III with standard 4-3/4 (or what ever they come in) tapered barrel will fit nicely in the old GI .45 flap holster holster.

A web belt, flap holster, a FA pouch for .22 ammo, ususally a multi tool or sheath knife, and a canteen has been one of my std woods roaming rigs for a long time.