The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old March 5, 2013, 01:33 PM   #1
deerslayer303

SOG's Website

Can someone enlighten me on the SOG's website. I can only view whats on the their home page, and the accessories page. I don't see anything for the dealer site. I know they only sell to license holders and not the general public. But my FFL says he will order anything from them I want.
Old March 5, 2013, 01:54 PM   #2
noelf2

They only give login and password to ffl holders, that includes C&R FFL. They need a copy of C&R FFL via mail, but an dealer can fax their FFL to SOG, then have access to the prices. Why not just get a C&R FFL and do all that yourself? Saves time and money...!
Old March 6, 2013, 12:05 AM   #3
johnwilliamson062

Their site includes pricing and they do not want everyone to know what a dealer pays. As stated above a C&R license gets you access. They don't have prices listed for much that is in stock right now anyways. If you have a specific item or two I can look it up for you. Of course, by the time I get your message, look it up and reply, they may not have it anymore. The times...
Old March 6, 2013, 02:36 AM   #4
Cheapshooter

Yup, for $30 for three years, a simple form to fill out, no fingerprints, and simple record keeping you can buy C&R firearms direct from the wholesaler. Shipped direct to your address with no dealer transfer fees. Plus many other firearms related on-line, and mailorder places offer you a discount just for sending them a copy of your C&R FFL. Midway, and Graf & Sons come to mind.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old March 6, 2013, 09:55 AM   #5
tobnpr

Their "dealer" prices are really no different any more- in many cases HIGHER, than retailers like AIM and JG.

I've bought from them with no complaints, but I see them as just another retail seller. You're not "missing" anything...
www.biggorillagunworks.com
Old March 6, 2013, 10:11 AM   #6
candr44

If you want to order anything C&R a license is worth the $30. You will save that much on your first order.

However, be forewarned that SOG has a reputation for not telling you if something is out of stock even as they take your order. Also, if you order a gun thats advertised with accessories, you might get it with the accessories missing.
Old March 6, 2013, 10:15 AM   #7
chiefr

I consider SOG among the best. There CS is great, They do not advertise stuff they do not have, and they ship out the same day you order.
Old March 6, 2013, 10:34 AM   #8
noelf2

^^^What he said. I've never had a bad experience with SOG.
Old March 6, 2013, 11:18 AM   #9
deerslayer303

I know I've been putting off getting a C&R for a while. My reasoning was there isn't a whole lot left (Curios). Is it really worth getting a C&R this late in the game? What do you guys think?
Old March 6, 2013, 02:30 PM   #10
noelf2

Everything over 50 years old qualifies. Every year there's a new game. Qualifying milsurp stuff is at a lull, but when something great happens, it's nice to be ready! Last neat thing for me was adding the P-64s (that was unexpected). Coming soon will be the CZ70s as relics, and perhaps the rest of the makarovs as curios. I think there's much to look forward to. This thread of yours is kind of proof that, even this late in the game, you could benefit by having a C&R FFL....

Here's an afterthought: Maybe it's a good idea to get a C&R FFL while you can. In this world of changing attitudes, FFLs of all types may be harder to get and grandfathered benefits would be nice to have. Just sayin'.

Last edited by noelf2; March 6, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old March 6, 2013, 02:50 PM   #11
deerslayer303

Indeed, thanks for your insight and kick in the butt to motivate me . WELL, lets get started. I'm gonna go print off the form. I have a few links saved on the how to.
Old March 6, 2013, 08:47 PM   #12
johnwilliamson062

I'd just request it from ATFE on their site.
There is so much out there and you can do a lot of trading. There is always something flooding into the country at a good price. Steyr M95 at the moment, but every year something comes in. Of course a couple Russian guns are always around.
The discount from retailers on non-firearms really is worth it for most shooters.
Old March 6, 2013, 09:15 PM   #13
leadchucker

A C&R license and an SOG flier together is a bad combination on your wallet.