The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 20, 2007, 05:51 PM   #1
Servo77

Fabarm 368 (Sig)

Can anyone comment on the fabarm 368? I am looking at getting one for sporting clays. CDNN says sig is the importer now? How good is service? How durable and reliable are these guns? They only hold 2+1, which is not a big deal on a clays/sporting shotgun, but still seems small capacity for an autoloader.

what say you?
Old March 20, 2007, 10:36 PM   #2
David Berkowitz

Fabarm is an extremely fine Italian shotgun but there are some issues.
As far as quality goes, it is tops. They make basic assemblies for other well known manufacturers who then engrave them and cut the wood.
At one time, H&K was the importer. Sig was the last importer but as far as I know, they did not renew their contract with Fabarm and Fabarm now has another new importer.
sig has a solid reputation for good service, if not speedy. I wouldn't worry about parts or service on anything Sig has put their name.
As far as a good shooter, I have had a sporting clays Fabarm for several years. It handles well, points naturally, is very responsive, and has never failed after thousands of rounds.
If Sig is no longer the importer, you should be able to get it at a nice discount. If so, go for it.

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Old March 20, 2007, 10:42 PM   #3
Hotbarrel

I've owned one for two years now, have (at least) a couple thousand shells through it and love it. Mine's a lefty, synthetic model, which is why I bought it for clays and ducks. At first it didn't like light loads, although a little shooting smoothed it out. It takes the Light Game Loads every time now, but still has the occasional FTE on AA Light Trap Loads. Easiest autoloader to clean, just takes a light spray of CLP and some swabs, and I'm continually amazed at the quality to price ratio.

SIG was going to be the distributor, but things fell apart, and allegedly Tristar is picking up the line. Their website doesn't mention that, though.
All said, I would pick up that Fabarm because they're great guns, they're selling out fast, and you will not regret the buy. Look at all the crap you can buy for that kind of money. Besides, H&K will still honor the warranty on Fabarm guns sold under their name. What more could you ask?