The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 22, 2014, 04:51 PM   #1
Reloader2

Loading for the 9mm

The weather has been lousy lately. I'm currently working a shift that allows me to get off early in the afternoon. I've been giving the recently purchased Lee Classic Turret press a workout.
I've been cranking out 100 rounds a day of plinking ammo with 115 Berry's plated bullets and Titegroup powder.
It takes about an hour to do and then I'm ready to move on to other things.

Just wondering what kind of production anybody else is getting with the Classic turret press.

Also how many rounds do you load folks usually produce.

When loading rifle ammo on my single stage press I usually load 20 a session and have never gone over 50.
Old February 24, 2014, 10:45 AM   #2
viciouskitty

With my classic turret I usually get around 125 to 150 rounds. I don't use the auto index ever since I wore out my first plastic gear I have never been able to get it tuned right. But back when it worked I got close to 200
Old February 24, 2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Gadawg88

I can safely do 150 an hour of 9mm on my LCT. That includes spot checking powder weights every 20 rounds or so once I get it cranking. I never try to "go fast" or load with a certain goal of X rounds per hour. About two hours of press time is about all I care to do at one time, then I need a break. I might come back to it latter that same day and do some more if nothing is going on in the real world.