The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old November 9, 2011, 06:05 PM   #1
Gary Slider

MI & ME – WI & NM Sign Agreements MT Honors WI + OR/MS Updates

Michigan and Maine have signed a reciprocity agreement. Michigan has now signed with every state possible.
For them to add any more states the states that don’t honor them would have to change their laws. They don’t have reciprocity in their laws. I have a copy of the signed agreement. MI Signed it the last of the month and Maine signed it 11/7. So it may be a few days before they update their websites.

Wisconsin has added New Mexico to the list of states it honors. New Mexico stated on their website all they were waiting for was Wisconsin to list NM on their website and they would honor their License to Carry. Just heard back from NM and they will most likely update their site shortly. Shortly could be a few days for government.

I have also added an AG Opinion on Carry with the CCW Endorsement in Mississippi to the MS page at www.handgunlaw.us

The Oregon University System has also decided not to appeal the Court Decision in Oregon on their rules/regs. No carry on campus rules/regs are null and void. More good news in Oregon and where honest people can protect themselves. I haven’t digested it all but they will most likely make it a rules infraction for Students and Factuality to carry. They will only be breaking a University rule and not a law but they could lose their job or if a student be kicked out of school.

Also heard back from WY on honoring WI. They had requested more info from WI and were unaware that WI had listed them. They stated they still had to wait for more info. Though have to say WY law states if you honor ours we will honor yours. It is just a matter of time before WY lists WI.

Heard back from Montana just a few minutes ago and they thanked me for bringing to their attention that Wisconsin honored them. They stated they will honor the Wisconsin License. I like it when it works that way.

Things have been changing quickly since Wisconsin went Shall Issue. I don’t usually have to post what I consider important updates this often but I have to say I enjoy posting information like this as it means more of us can carry in more places. The Create a Map Application will lag behind the state pages in who honors who. I have to send that info to Steve and then he has to change the Maps on the Create a Map Application With all the changes taking place it is very easy for me to miss something and I want to have all the correct info so us good guys and gals can stay within the law. So if you see anything you believe is not correct please contact me by clicking on “Contact Uu” at the bottom of the main page at www.handgunlaw.us Please give me time to respond.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Last edited by Gary Slider; November 9, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old November 9, 2011, 10:36 PM   #2
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Gary, this is great news, indeed!

On behalf of TFL, I would like to thank you for keeping us up-to-date on all this important stuff.
Old November 9, 2011, 10:41 PM   #3
Gary Slider

Al, I have to thank The Firing Line and you for giving me another place to get the info out. Just doing what I like to do. My way of helping with the RKBA's.
Old November 10, 2011, 02:43 PM   #4
C0untZer0

Thanks for posting this.

It's encouraging.

In Illinois we were unable to pass a carry law and now it seems like we're waiting forever for judges to rule on the challenges to the Illinois ban on carrying. And it seems that nationwide, since Heller and MacDonald, we haven't been getting good news from the lower courts. So it is encouraging to see reciprocation agreements. It equates to a consensus among states. I also think it is something that citizens and rights advocates in Illinois can point to when arguing for CC in Illinois.
Old November 30, 2011, 12:03 PM   #5
C0untZer0

Michigan achieves maximum reciprocity

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles...b963694881.txt

Booya !

Take that H.R. 822 !
Old November 30, 2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Don H

Quote:
State Attorney General Bill Schuette said Monday he has reached a deal that allows Michigan residents with a concealed pistol license to carry in 39 other states.
There's a slight inaccuracy in that statement. One of the states listed in the "deal" is Utah. Utah recognizes, and has for years, all CCW permits issued issued by states or counties.
Old November 30, 2011, 05:58 PM   #7
Aguila Blanca
Staff

I suppose I should know but ... does MI recognize or offer reciprocity to holders of non-resident permits/licenses from those states? I see several states listed from which I have non-resident permits, but my home state is conspicuously absent.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:01 PM   #8
Gary Slider

Michigan honors all other states Resident permits only. They will not honor any Non Resident Permits.
Old November 30, 2011, 10:00 PM   #9
C0untZer0

Maximum Reciprocity sounds cool...