The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old December 21, 2011, 01:17 PM   #1
shazaam

Need some good insight.

So this past summer, my wife and I are at the Ren. fest and we go to the hypnotist show. one of the "acts" is the hypnotist taking one of the hypnotized people on stage, guy 1 and tells him that guy 2 on stage has ticked him off, no he is so mad he wants to kill guy 2. So guy 1 charges up and toward guy 2 all full of rage and goes after guy 2. As guy 1 passes the hypnotist the hypnotist touches guy 1 on the sholder and puts him back under. Now, my question is this. I am in the crowd, armed as always, and say I get hypnotized and am on stage, as guy 1. When he wants me to kill guy 2, I don't charge by the hypnotist, I draw down on guy 2 and turn his head into a canoe. Am I responsible, I did it but I was hypnotized.
Old December 21, 2011, 01:42 PM   #2
csmsss

I'd be more worried that you thought what happened onstage was real than about any potential reaponse on your part. Such acts are always well-choreographed in advance.
Old December 21, 2011, 01:44 PM   #3
Spats McGee
Staff

My thought: Don't allow yourself to be hypnotized while carrying. That's just asking for trouble.
Old December 21, 2011, 02:14 PM   #4
K_Mac

There is a , 'Things that make ya go...huh?' post on the general discussion board. If there ever was a post that belonged there, this is it.
Old December 21, 2011, 02:22 PM   #5
carguychris

+1 csmsss. Shazaam: did you consider that the "volunteers" from the audience were probably actors working with the "hypnotist"? This is one of the oldest tricks in the book for stage hypnotists and magicians.
Old December 21, 2011, 02:25 PM   #6
Glenn E. Meyer

Oh, come on now.

Closed.