The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 12, 2001, 10:37 PM   #1
Bulldog44

Actually, I have two questions:

1. Is there a suitable pocket holster or in-the-pants holster for a Charter Arms .44 Bulldog Pug (3 in. bbl) that someone can recommend?

2. Does anyone have any experience with Spyderco Harpy knives? How do you rate these in terms of quality, ease of use, reliability?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Old March 13, 2001, 11:15 AM   #2
Anthony

Hiya Bulldog,

I'd suggest you try Ken Null's UNS holster. He could custom make one for your Bulldog and they go for just over $100....something like $110 I think. I've had one for my Lightweight Commander for about six years and it is still the fastest and most comfortable holster I own.

I've used a friend's Harpy briefly on a trip, but I own the very similar Civilian. They're both good knives as long as you can work with the curved blade. Plus, Anthony Hopkins uses a Harpy in the new "Hannibal" movie a few times to good effect. If you haven't seen the film yet, go and see it. You'll be at the knife shop buying every Harpy they have in stock.

Good luck with it.

- Anthony