The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 27, 2008, 04:16 PM   #1
Thoreau

Cheap ammo- 12 GA Brenneke smooth barrel

I was wondering where you folks buy cheap brenneke or the like ammunition. I used to buy it from http://www.abcoutdoors.com/, but I haven't been able to load the page for the last 2 months. A box of Brenneke USA K.O. Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 1 oz Foster-type Slug Box of 5 was between $2.30 to $2.19.

I have a mossberg 590 with a smooth barrel(no twist). Purpose of the ammo is for target shooting. Can anyone recommend another online retailer that has cheap/large quantity ammunition?
Old January 27, 2008, 05:13 PM   #2
workinwifdakids

S&B

It seems you're looking for slugs, but I can't quite tell from your post.

If that's correct, then you may want to try Sellier & Bellot, but remember that S&B 2 3/4" is made long, so it runs to almost 3". If your SG is made to handle 3" shells, and you're aware of the length, you'll be fine.
Old January 27, 2008, 05:17 PM   #3
rem870hunter

try cheaperthandirt.com. for online buys.

if you have a dicks sporting goods shop nearby they sell brenneke ko slugs and ko sabots. last price i saw for dicks sports. was $2.28 a box on sale. $2.69 reg. price.
Old January 27, 2008, 05:23 PM   #4
Thoreau

Sorry, for target shooting, yes slugs. They don't allow buckshot on a range for obvious reasons. Slugs it is.
Old January 27, 2008, 05:25 PM   #5
Thoreau

Thanks Rem. I'll take a drive to Dick's and see what they've got... Welp. Not in stock. They only carry the black magic/sabot's at 8 dollars per. Guess I'll keepa lookin. Seems to be sold out online as well. Hmm.. Odd.

Last edited by Thoreau; January 27, 2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Update