The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old June 18, 2002, 08:47 PM   #76
Jamie Young

The meeting place is at the "Milford Diner" at 8:30am. According to the mapquest directions Jody posted on the earlier post, it is 1/3 of a mile south, of where rt 1, and 113 split.

Bob Evans is on the right, and the diner is on the left on 113.

The camp grounds are on rt 1 past the split between rt 1 and 113. So, basically, just remember there is a split and the camp ground is on one, and the Diner is on the other.

The camp ground is approximately 5.1 miles past the split, south on rt 1.

Jody has a telephone pole and spikes with orange and pink (did it have to be pink ) ribbons marking where in the "field" to pull into. Anyone that misses breakfast can meet us there around 10:30. After that try calling us on our cell phones.

Jody said that they couldn't cut all the grass in the area, so its pretty infested with bugs. He said to PLEASE bring anything you can kill bugs with. Some of that outside fog stuff would be best. I think we really need K80Geoff for this one.

If any of you just want to make a day trip down here thats all fine and dandy too. Don't be afraid to come if your not camping. I realize some of us might scare you.

Anyone that wants any more info please post or email me. Don't bother trying to get a hold of Jody right now. He's in afghanistan and his computers are down.
Old June 19, 2002, 03:45 PM   #77
Jody Hudson

Hopefully,

I will return from Aaaaaafghanistan by tomorrow.

Soda has guided you well.

I've changed the location from my original plan to a more bug-free environment... where we will be camping is pretty nice. The planned location is now about 200 yards from the lake now instead of on the buggy banks of the lake which is a marshy area.

Our new area is VERY well drained, very sandy, and near but not in the woods. Of course each person can decide where, on the hundred acres or so, that they wish to camp. So you CAN be at the lake, in the woods, or even in the tall buggy grass. In fact, you are welcome to load up a heavy duty lawnmower to cut the grass for your own private grassy area if you wish. In other words, there are many, many, options of where to play, camp, etc.

I understand the fishing is great by the way, but I'm not a fisherman.

Bring your shovel for latrine duty as each of us will have our own personal hygien responsibilities. Also bring plenty of trash bags as our "rent" for the property is cleaning up any and all trash, including any that might be there when we show up. I haven't seen any trash there but you get the idea.

There are motels, restaurants, etc. within 6 miles of the site. The long range rifle site is 15 miles from the camping area BUT there are places to shoot short distances at the camping area.

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL....
This is a resort area; by 9 am Saturday morning traffic will be slowed to 30 mph or less from just south of the split in Rt. 1 and Rt. 113 all the way south to Rehoboth Beach down Rt. 1; and to Ocean City Maryland, down rt. 113. If you are coming from the DC, MD area please plan to leave no later than 4am or 5 am to get to breakfast in time.

Resort traffic is the reason that we are meeting for breakfast so early. By 10 am the traffic is usually PARKED on Rt. 1 and Rt. 13 from the area we are to the beaches. Therefore if you plan to leave PA, MD, DC, areas after 8 am in the morning; ADD three or four hours to your drive time...

Any who wish to have my cell phone may write SodaPop or myself by tomorrow (Thursday) evening and we'll give you our numbers. By the way, we expect cell phone reception to be good in both locations. Also there is a gun shop with minimal ammo and lots of good buys on firearms; just a mile or so from the camp site. Delaware rules apply.
Old June 20, 2002, 10:52 AM   #78
Jamie Young

All right Things seem to be a little screwed up now. Does anyone want to vote on a postponement of this shoot?

Seems like too many of us were under the impression things were to start on Friday and some planned to leave early Saturday.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and thing about maybe moving the TFL Delaware shoot to a later date.

I'm still willing to come down saturday-sunday but I don't want to haul a whole bunch of stuff down if not too many people can make it this weekend.

Let's make a decision in the next 24hrs?????? If nobody other than Ray,Jody, and I can make it this weekend are the rest of you interested in doing it another weekend this summer?
Old June 20, 2002, 11:21 AM   #79
9mmMike

I have not been able to attend this gala event due to work and so I have been staying out of the dialogue.
It seems a shame that it would be cancelled and I hope that it is not a problem for Jody.
I was hoping that it would be a success and then I could attend the sequel.
For what it's worth, my July schedule is fairly open. I was hoping for a pumpgun shoot at W&W sometime in the next week or so though.
Mike
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND DID NOT VOTE, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR GUNS!
Old June 20, 2002, 12:53 PM   #80
Jody Hudson

I will NOT be offended in any way... if we need to reschedule that is OK. IF NOT, I'll gladly be available this weekend. Just let me know...
Old June 20, 2002, 03:44 PM   #81
David Park

Everything 9mmMike said goes for me too.
Old June 20, 2002, 04:19 PM   #82
RAY WOODROW 3RD

A vote to cancel...........

Yes, in all fairness I think it should be postponed. No offense Jody but these things have to be pumped up about 2 to 3 weeks in advance. I would love to get together later in the year though and It would be better once you have everything settled at the homestead.

"The key to success in ANY battle is effective communications."

From NJ? Check out "njcsd.com"
Old June 20, 2002, 07:21 PM   #83
jthuang

Sorry all -- I thought this was going to go as originally represented, starting Friday. So another vote for postponement. Argh, had my gear all ready to go and everything. Oh well at least I save a vacation day.

Hope everything works out at the homestead!

Justin

Last edited by jthuang; June 20, 2002 at 10:21 PM.
Old June 21, 2002, 12:16 AM   #84
Jamie Young

Ok let's postpone it then. I'm totally into a "stress free" camping shooting weekend and right now I have too much going on. It seems like Jody has a great chunk of land to dwell on so let's postpone this.

Jody, you have to tell us when your free and when it would be a good time to come down. We still have plenty of summer and early fall to do this.
Old June 21, 2002, 09:21 PM   #85
Jamie Young

I'm still meeting up with Jody saturday morning. Any of you that still want to shoot feel free to show up. We'll be there saturday and sunday but the "events" will be postponed to late July or August. We have to figure out when the Shotgun Shoot is too?
Old June 23, 2002, 08:05 PM   #86
jthuang

Soda, thanks for handling this! I think when we get it together, it will be a real blast.

FYI late August is very bad for me but we'll figure it out.

Justin
Old June 23, 2002, 08:38 PM   #87
Jamie Young

I went down and camped. Its a great place to spend the weekend with TFL members. Its basically a huge corn field that isn't being used. There is a very secluded camping area where there is a pond where you can do fishing, canoing, or shooting. The bugs weren't that bad, but I did spray the area pretty good before setting up camp.

Somebody called me at 2am while I was sleeping in the tent

Someone from Delaware because it was a 302 number

Its either the weekend of July 27th and 28th or Sept for me.
Old June 24, 2002, 04:07 PM   #88
RAY WOODROW 3RD

New Jersey Shoot..........

Last weekend in August is the pistol/shotgun shoot guys down at the Buckeye Gun Club. Don't forget! There is a place to camp on the club property for those of you who want to get down early. I will post more info at the begining of August.

"The key to success in ANY battle is effective communications."

From NJ? Check out "njcsd.com"
Old August 1, 2002, 10:04 PM   #89
jthuang

I just cleared an entire week's availability from Aug 19-23 ... anyone still interested?

Justin
Old August 1, 2002, 10:19 PM   #90
Jamie Young

Those are all weekdays? I could make it down for a day or two. But I don't now if anyone else is going to be able to get down there on a weekday.

I meant to get back down there with Jody to do some long range shooting but My car died. I got a new one now.
Old August 1, 2002, 10:39 PM   #91
jthuang

Sorry, I have the weekend days available too (e.g., Aug 17). Original plans included a buddy's wedding in Florida and the Insights Individual Survival Tactics class for that week and part of the following week -- but they didn't get enough people for IST so they canceled the class.

Justin
Old August 1, 2002, 10:47 PM   #92
Jamie Young

Well VA is the weekend before and NJ is the weekend after. I don't know if I'll have the time to organize this. If we can get another 3 or 4 people to come I'll do something.

Anyone else interested?
Old August 2, 2002, 01:16 PM   #93
Jody Hudson

SodaPop,

I'll keep an eye on this thread. If it looks like we will have another get together, I'll set up a place for everyone to camp; probably in our back yard. It's good place with lots of space fresh water from the hose and a nice clean shallow lake for the kids to cool off in. We can do some short range pistol shooting at our house but the long range will have to be over at our regular range.

The place where you and I shot is probably not going to have the weeds cut down Soda and the bugs are VERY bad there.

As I said, I'll keep an eye on this and I'm depending on you folks to get it together; I'll be glad to host you in our big yard.